NOise with my englander

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Toycruiser84

Nov 22, 2010
Central Maine
Just started burning cubex with my 25 PDvc which are great for throwing the heat but now my exhaust blower is making a whinning noise. Its only when the stove heats up above 200 degrees or so. I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem and what they did about it ? My stove is only about a month old should i try and warrenty the part or should i just take it apart and clean it ?

Toycruiser84 said:
Just started burning cubex with my 25 PDvc which are great for throwing the heat but now my exhaust blower is making a whinning noise. Its only when the stove heats up above 200 degrees or so. I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem and what they did about it ? My stove is only about a month old should i try and warrenty the part or should i just take it apart and clean it ?

Call Englander...they will take care of you. Had the exact same problem....no noise on start-up until the stove started heating up...... then it sounded like a bearing in the motor was on it's way out.

slvrblkk said:
Toycruiser84 said:

Call Englander...they will take care of you. Had the exact same problem....no noise on start-up until the stove started heating up...... then it sounded like a bearing in the motor was on it's way out.

Agreed!!

Toycruiser84 said:

if the blower is giving you issues i'll replace it under warranty on a month old stove , no prob, just call my shop or fill out an "online" warranty claim at our website, in the comment box at the bottom note that i sent you there for it will not be a problem

note: if you have not yet registered the warranty do so online or have your model and serial number handy when you call so one of my staff can register it (without a registration i cannot fill out a warranty claim, its bookkeeping ya know :) )

Thanks Mike! Thats going to make my wife happy. All i have been hearing from her is ..." is it supposed to make that noise" ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.