1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)
  1. westcafe

westcafe Member

Loc:
    central, ma
    Woke up this Am to a noise coming from the blower......kind of like a loud humming/groaning noise. Any suggestions on what to look for? This stove is costing me a lot of money this year :(

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. heat seeker

heat seeker Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Northern CT
    Sounds like the blower motor needs oiling/cleaning/replacing. Is it the combustion or convection blower? Does your fire look normal or lazy, and are you getting warm air out of the stove per usual?
  3. Bioburner

Bioburner Minister of Fire

Loc:
    West central Mn
    Stoves are-have been used almost an entire season and I would bet on the fan needing a good cleaning and oiling of the bearings. I have been getting calls on the same thing. Got a dog or cat? Usually they make for a early demise of room fans.
  4. westcafe

westcafe Member

Loc:
    central, ma
    Well seems to be more of a vibration......if we lean on the hopper cover the noise goes away......still checking the motor and cleaning it though. The fire looks the same and we are getting the same amount of heat as usual.
  5. heat seeker

heat seeker Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Northern CT
    The convection blower will not affect your fire. You may have some hair/dust/crud in the convection blower that's throwing it out of balance. A good cleaning will cure that. Be sure to clean out the motor itself, so it won't overheat in the future.