Noisey Combustion fan

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

reoman

Aug 18, 2011
western,Or.
Just installed my breckwell 24 insert got it up and running. The fan was making a lot of noise had already oiled it. Since the stove is and older model went a head and got a new one. It appears to be just about as noisey. My question is this normal on this model of stove or did I get faulty new motor. Have a hard time believing it should run this noisey. Any input on this subject would be a great help.

Discribe the noise, More bearing or just a hum?

Some had a gasket between the blower and the stove housing. This would reduce the humming sound.

Discribe the noise, More bearing or just a hum?

Some had a gasket between the blower and the stove housing. This would reduce the humming sound.
I have the gasket in there and it's a humming noise was wondering if this is common with the older breckwell stoves. The new motor has less than 20 hours on it. Will be tearing it down to isolate the noise more precisely

Harmonic hum could also be from an out of balance impeller. But to answer you question, Yes the older blowers were on the noisy side. The newer units are much quieter. Newer blowers have a c-frame motor and also stay cooler.

Harmonic hum could also be from an out of balance impeller. But to answer you question, Yes the older blowers were on the noisy side. The newer units are much quieter. Newer blowers have a c-frame motor and also stay cooler.
thanks for the info I purchase new unit with original style fasco motor sounds like i should have purchase the newer style motor. Thanks for taking the time to give your input on this issue. Reoman

Status
Not open for further replies.