Noisy Englander 25-PDV solved

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

drivfour

Mar 22, 2011
foothills colorado
After trying all the previous fixes I found on this great site, my combustion blower was still incredibly loud.
I noticed that slightly touching the black housing would quiet it down, removing some harmonics. I had previously restaked the areas between the black motor casing and the front frame, but then after removing the motor, noticed slight movement between the black motor case and front frame again. I put a dab of "great stuff" similar to high temp automotive silicone gasket sealant on each one of the staked areas. The fan is now almost silent!Hard to believe such a small movement in this area could result in such noise. I also put a few dabs of sealer between the gasket and fan assembly.

Attachments

• IMG_20140420_080758_624.jpg
    IMG_20140420_080758_624.jpg
    188.2 KB · Views: 546
So high temp silicone provides enough of a buffer to stop the harmonics?

Hello
The case is held on by crimping the metal. The best way is to take a hammer and screw driver and bang the crimps to make them tight, then add the sealant.
A better way to fix, is to upgrade to an open frame exhaust blower that Emviros and Harmans use for their exhaust blowers.

Last edited:
Hello
The case is held on by crimping the metal. The best way is to take a hammer and screw driver and bang the crimps to make them tight, then add the sealant.
A better way to fix, is to upgrade to an open frame exhaust blower that Emviros and Harmans use for their exhaust blowers.

Do you have a model number that would work on the 25-PDV?

Do you have a model number that would work on the 25-PDV?

I put in 2 new OEM blowers in a 25-PDV and the owner could not sleep from the high pitched whine. So I put in a PP7610 and problem resolved!

Last edited:
I put in 2 new OEM blowers in a 25-PDV and the owner could not sleep from the high pitched wine. So I put in a PP7610 and problem resolved!

Merlot will do that.

Reactions: SmokeyTheBear
I put in 2 new OEM blowers in a 25-PDV and the owner could not sleep from the high pitched whine. So I put in a PP7610 and problem resolved!
will a pp7610 work in a 25 pdv englander ? I looked it up and it doesnt list englanders for that motor

X2, they are open frame motors with no case to rattle, I like the higher current longer life Gleason Avery exhaust blowers that stand steadier at the low heat levels.
Just google
Englander Low Drafter Kit :)

Status
Not open for further replies.