Noisy P43

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Pelletfisky

Jan 3, 2012
Eastern Pennsylvania
When I turn the fan from low to high on my P43 I hear a rattle type noise in the blower. Almost sounds like somethingis loose. The stove has been running hard each winter for five years without replacing a part other then the rope gasket in glass door. Any suggestions or input would be appreciated thanks.

Distro blowers get worked hard under high-heat conditions so five years of that can cause bearings or other moving parts to wear out. Someone will chime in with other blower motors you can get online. Some of the after market stuff is quieter than the OEM motor.

Have you checked for anything that's loose? Or anything that might have gotten into the blower motor??

Have you checked for anything that's loose? Or anything that might have gotten into the blower motor??
I checked everything last week still had a rattle. Today I checked and after tightening again the noise so far is gone.

Reactions: bags