1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Non-electric custom pellet stove

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by begreen, Jun 10, 2012.

1. begreen

begreen Mooderator Staff Member

Loc:
    South Puget Sound, WA

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Val

Val Member

Looks like a very small flue pipe. It must only run at 15,000 BTU or so? Just guessing....it must really be suited for portable heating as advertised but would be so neat to have in a rural outbuilding away from electric.
  3. DexterDay

DexterDay Guest

Clarry makes a model like that for hunting camps?.?.? They have a video on Youtube.... Been posted here before.

The exhaust is designed the way it is, to slow gases and act as a heat exchanger.

4. begreen

begreen Mooderator Staff Member

Loc:
    South Puget Sound, WA
    There are two things wrong with that video. First, no campsite is that level and second, there was no bourbon in the coffee! LOL
    DexterDay likes this.
  5. smwilliamson

smwilliamson Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Southcoast, MA
    Advertising on CL...I'm guessing anywhere in the USA there is room for a dealership....really? There's already a dealership in my territory? You won't let me carry it? Figures...I'm late for everything.
  6. Val

Val Member

Probably a blessing in disguise. That stove looks very interesting but where I live I can't imagine it being very popular. I can see it being used in some sort of agricultural outbuilding or fancy workshop setting...But for hunting/ fishing, it seems too heavy to lug around. Especially to lug around a bag of pellets, too. It seems that propane stoves win ths time. Also, I really think that farmers like conventional items that are sturdy and work well, but this is too funky to be practical enough for most of them. Also, I never checked on the price of these. If it's too expensive, then its a hard sell- might as well burn pellets in a small wood stove.
  7. DirtyDave

DirtyDave Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    western wa
  8. DexterDay

DexterDay Guest

Eatonpcat likes this.
  9. smwilliamson

smwilliamson Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Southcoast, MA