Non-scratching steamer

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

shoot-straight

Minister of Fire
Jan 5, 2012
Kennedyville, MD
New cast iron top on our stove. Our what can we put on the bottom of the steamer (or between it and the cast) to keep it from scratching the top? Our previous one had gasket material but it left scratches.

Ideas?

upload_2014-1-27_20-12-58.png

After using a steamer for years and still having the Mrs. get bloody noses, I switched several years ago to a humidifier and wouldn't go back unless I was waiting for this one to show up at the door.

I find the humidifier takes about as much time to care for as the steamer, and it is far more effective.

Reactions: madison
Put a piece of soapstone on the cast top, then the pot on the soapstone. Bonus: when you go to bed, wrap the soapstone in a beach towel and you have a great bedwarmer , stays warm all night, and the most comfortable sleep you've ever had.

Put a piece of soapstone on the cast top, then the pot on the soapstone. Bonus: when you go to bed, wrap the soapstone in a beach towel and you have a great bedwarmer , stays warm all night, and the most comfortable sleep you've ever had.

That's a great idea. Just what I was looking for.

hearthstone%20steamer.jpg

we got a soapstone steamer for a xmas present

looks like this

New cast iron top on our stove. Our what can we put on the bottom of the steamer (or between it and the cast) to keep it from scratching the top? Our previous one had gasket material but it left scratches.

Ideas?
I don't think a steamer would hardly steam on my Ashford because of the convection top. I've never bothered with one. It wasn't worth the scratches. ;lol

Reactions: madison
thanks guys. i think we are going with a steam humidifier in the bedroom.

Status
Not open for further replies.