Nonstop auger motor

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Twalt77

Dec 5, 2016
Shelton, WA
I just replaced the auger motor in my Whitfield Advantage II. I powered on the stove and now the motor is constantly turning. It's not receiving the cue from the control panel to stop and then start turning again. This was not an issue prior to auger motor replacement

Another Whit gone wacky. The scrappers are going to get a bunch of em I see this season:(

Did you unplug the power before changing the auger ? The power to the auger comes from the controller, so something is amiss.
Is the feed light from the controller going on ?

Bioburner - Really. My 16 year old web site gets reports of some problems each year. Mostly easy fixes. This site seems to have endless problems with other stoves and error codes, error codes, error codes. If you can't help... let it be that way.

The unfortunate problem is the company was sold and now support for the more technical parts of the stove are becoming harder to replace and expensive. With a new stove now only being around $900 with more fire controls and thermostat controller.
I have three Whits including the first, the WP2. I am dreading the loss of my Bixby(company was charged with fraud) but it still has someone writing programs and doing reasonable board repair.
We have someone that is capable of board repairs for the Whits but he is overseas.

This site seems to have endless problems with other stoves and error codes, error codes, error codes.
Play nice guys. Yes, lots of reports of error codes for stoves with some of them having easily fixed problems just like the whitfields...problems are usually why folks show up here so what do you expect? I think we can all agree that a large portion of the errors are from improper cleaning, not reading the manual and are not surge protected.

I'll have to add that company to my pellet web site. They sell you replacement boards, and not the front, so you have to assemble it. So they do not fix your board. So the prices are pretty high, but if ya need it.

I'm always nice ! I don't spread mis-information.
A reply today from someone that found my web site.

Mike,
Just wanted to thank you for the tip on HeatWave Electronics, i sent my Profile 20 board out to him and just got it back today. The turn around time was just over a week, which was Awesome!!.

Its purring like a kitten again and i even got a extra fan speed that i never had.

I just got off the phone with Jim and thanked him for the great service and communication he and his wife Janet put forward.

Again thx to you and your articles on the forum, which saved me at least 250.00

Status
Not open for further replies.