Noob here, considering many stoves: Pacific, Napolian 1400, Enviro 1700, so many!!!!!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
my Father-in-law heats his house with a LOPI answer pedistal stove and his house is @1500 sq ft and it does a good job.
His house is a 3 side earth contact. not sure if that makes much difference
the stove been their for little over 10 years and it is still doing fine. so LOPI is another option.

Burn-1 said:
You can get a Napoleon 1401 insert from this website for a $532.98, a pretty good price. I don't know about shipping and the door is a separate cost and you can upgrade to a more attractive cast iron surround for $324. You wouldn't get dealer support or installation.

After looking around and finding nearly all suggested stoves to be between $2,000-$2,600, the Napoleon 1401 (emailed company, they said it is identical to the 1402 sans updated look) was a no-brainer for $532.98 + $326.04 for satin nickel door with free shipping.

Napoleon said they do have a limited number of the 1401's still waiting to be shipped out, hopefully one will make it to homeclick, then to me, estimated date is the 14th.

Thanks for all the help and I will keep y'all updated.

BTW, I found a SS lining kit here:
http://www.chimneydepotsupply.com/6x25siplychl.html

-John

moterhead3 said:
That deal on a 1401 is great. I'd jump on that.

I ordered it just in time, now it is $996.75. Should arrive tomorrow, will keep y'all posted.

Howdy all,
the door arrived today!

First fire, room went from 64* to 72* (outside temp is 18*) with main heating system off, even the back of the house is 68* with only a few logs at a time and damper on low.

It looks great, the door shuts nicely, and fans blow a ton of heat into the room.

Thanks for all your help in comparing stoves and pointing me over to this great Napoleon deal ($837.48 shipped with satin nickel door). :)

P1210001.jpg

P1210016.jpg

Looking really good there Hubjeep. That will take the chill off! Great deal for an insert.

BeGreen said:
Looking really good there Hubjeep. That will take the chill off! Great deal for an insert.

Thanks, been burning ever since, 4 larger logs before bed keeps it going all night.

Looks great! And at a great price. Well done.
Now....... do something with that brick color, its making me queezy ;)

Hogwildz said:
Looks great! And at a great price. Well done.
Now....... do something with that brick color, its making me queezy ;)

Thanks, we just painted those, previously off white, hahahhaa. I would love to remove the layers of paint some day, if possible (acorn blasting like on boat hulls?), whomever painted it in the first place should be slapped.

I shoveled out most of the coals this AM, then fed small - moderate logs into the fire, nearly closed damper = room temp about 72* with blower on medium.

Figuring out what log diameter/stove setting work is quite a learning experience. :)

At the end of the day I had quite the glowing bed of coals so I threw in one BIG log and kept the damper open about 3/4 of the way to keep it burning, which did a great job at ashing many of those coals, but not getting the stove too hot (top temps were 450-500*F). With blower on full blast temp in room climbed: :D :D

P1240019.jpg

I posted another thread about heating far room, no prob tho, here is far room wall thermostat:

P1240021.jpg

Now with damper closed and fan on low temps are down to mid 70's. BTW, it is 20*F out.

Status
Not open for further replies.