Noob w/ questions, need your thoughts please

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

StrangeRanger

Jul 9, 2008
Norhtern VT
Hi,

First, I'm sorry if I repeat questions here. Yes, I did search and I've been reading this site and others for days on end. Problem is, opinions on pellet stoves are like elbows, every body has got them.

So I figured I'd take a slightly different approach. Instead of asking what brand/model/type is better/worse than the other, I thought it might be useful to find out what features folks find important/helpful/useful. Problem is that I've talked to so many folks, read so many posts & reviews, talked to so many dealers and read so many brochures that I'm chasing my tail.

I'd like to know, from actual stove owners, what things and features about their stove they like and don't like. What features do you like about your stove? What do you wish your stove had that it doesn't? What do you not like about your stove?

I read and hear about all different features and what not, but since I have no pellet stove experience I can't validate what makes that feature good or not really.

I'm trying to find a stove to heat our 1900 sft, very open home. Honestly, I'm a little confused about ratings. What I mean is, say one stove is rated for 1700 sft and one is rated for 2000 sft. I know it's not literal, but if your stove is slightly "under-powered", wouldn't that stove have to work harder, burn more to try to keep up hence using more fuel? On the other hand, wouldn't that "more powerful" stove simply be using more fuel to create that extra heat? So, wouldn't you be basically using more fuel in both cases?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thank you,
j

Look at the warranties. What do you like the look of. Alot of people overlook that factor. This is something you are going to have to look at for a while.

I would too, but you have to look at all your options. The options that are left.

Status
Not open for further replies.