Nor'Easter on it's way.....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

ScotO

Glad I brought in another load of wood to the basement the other day. Looks like ol' man winter is gonna be back the next couple of days. Crazy weather, indeed........

Its been raining all day today and windy . Light the stove earlier today to take the chill out of the house but looks like im just going to keep her going through the night. This wet cold day gets to my bones.

Reactions: ScotO
We spent the last two nights up in the mountians camping with my son's scout troop. Friday night was t-shirt weather around the campfire. I came down off of the mountain yesterday and cut up a huge norway maple and went back up yesterday afternoon when the front came in......last night was 37 degrees and pouring down rain!! My son and I stayed warm and dry in the tent, but everything was damp and miserable, was glad to come home and get the woodstove cranked up!!

Mine doesn't get here till next week and the old 1's sold.Missing it so much.

Raw and rainy here today - just lit the first fire in about 8 days. Temp rising! Cheers!

Semi rainy here today.. getting ready for the monsoon this evening.

One of the stoves will be running, probably the PE, as there is more wood on my side of the house.

Atleast the drought will be over !!!!

Eileein stay dry in the Island. I was in Brentwood this week and everything looked so dry, after the next few days things should look like spring should.

4 to 6" of wet snow supposedly on the way. still burnin 24/7 and will be all week by the forcast........................

Thanks, K ! We're gonna get nailed, but in this case, it's a good thing.

Folks in PA and WV better run test those generators. They are calling for a ton of wet heavy snow. And we know what that means.

They are calling for a ton of wet heavy snow. And we know what that means.

If it is anything like we had in October, get your $#!+ together now! It was not pretty.

KC

If it is anything like we had in October, get your $#!+ together now! It was not pretty.

KC
Agreed, my trees are almost full of leaves and with the rain that we have had today the branches are drooping already, i cant imagine how they would react with heavy wet snow on them.

Parts of PA are under the gun for upwards of 10 inches of wet snow. That would be a total disaster power outage and trees in the bedroom wise.

Bringing in the "water garbage cans".

Lucky for us, the water is warm around the Island, so no snow.

You guys hang in there.

I'm praying we are spared here in the valley, but as of dusk the ridges had snow on them. I have a feeling brotherbart may be right. Lets hope he's not.

He hopes so to.

Was it 1977/78 when Long Island got hit with 2 24" snow storms at the end of April with in 2 weeks? I think so.

Watch out Buffalo area... Jim Cantori is headed your way !

My wife is in love with Jim, unfortunately if he is there is never to bring a pie, always bad news.

He was here last year. We were screwed. And we were !!!

I'm thinking Cantori needs to be on the No Fly List. ;lol

Here in Johnstown the National Weather Service forecast is calling for 7 to 14" between now and Tuesday morning. My office is at 2280ft elevation, house is 1580ft elevation, so we'll see the highest amount at the office. I already cancelled all my patients tomorrow. I'm expecting power outages. We don't have a generator, but we have lots of oil lamps, candles and flashlights.

We are getting tons of rain but we need it.
Ever since I started burning wood, I have this strange obsession with the weather. I even get special "weather alerts" on my DROID.... laughing.gif
I have a feeling I am not alone with the weather thing.

Be safe out there all!

About one inch of snow on the ground (turned to rain) with two cars off the road this morning. We pushed in two loads of Cherry before the rain on Sunday so we will be set until the end of the week.

Like GR said, stay safe.

zap

Status
Not open for further replies.