North bound on the Mississippi

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

shmodaddy

Burning Hunk
Sep 12, 2011
So IL
This came by the other day thought id share!

Sent from my rooted and eclipse running X2--thanks nitro-- if im posting on here I'm probably supposed to be working! I can't help im addicted to HEARTH.COM!

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1348162489296.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1348162489296.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 139
Sent from my rooted and eclipse running X2--thanks nitro-- if im posting on here I'm probably supposed to be working! I can't help im addicted to HEARTH.COM!

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1348162861847.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1348162861847.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 125
That's a big boat! I wonder if I should be watching for it to go by soon, or if I missed it. Since it's St. Louis to St. Paul, I think it should be well by here at this point.

Not sure danno I took those and a few more on the 13th in the am. At that point she was at mile marker 127umr or just above Ste. Genevieve M.O. She was impressive as she silently went by much unlike the usual loud and obnoxious towboats and left me yearning for the days when the delta queen an Mississippi queen would race from New Orleans to Saint Louis.

This is the " Queen of the Mississippi " docked at the Chester Il river front on the 16th of sept three days after the american queen passed. I could find very little info on this boat nor no name or port on her. Only reason I know her name is I asked a deck hand and he told me she was new out of the box!

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1348166887092.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1348166887092.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 120
Now this brings back some memories. We could hear this all the way across town. I as a young kid had a chance to play that but sooo chickened out. I was like 8 years old

Reactions: milleo
Oh my dear god they cut up the Mississippi Queen!

Status
Not open for further replies.