North South burning

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
wood placement in stove orientation eh? ahh, the stove is the planet.

Yeah, that's the ticket. Stove Feng Shui. Rotate your stove for the most harmonious orientation. It should always be parallel to the trees outside and never face south.

I'm not! Strictly virtual.

BeGreen said:

I suspected as much. Now quit playing around and open those pod bay doors, BG! :grrr: Rick

fossil said:
BeGreen said:

I suspected as much. Now quit playing around and open those pod bay doors, BG! :grrr: Rick

I'm sorry Rick, I'm afraid I can't do that.

- HAL

Gort, Klaatu barada nikto pook.

OMG, my watch just stopped! :bug: Rick

savageactor7 said:
Gort, Klaatu barada nikto pook.

That worked on Gort but pook is a whole nuther robot.

[/i]
BeGreen said:
wood placement in stove orientation eh? ahh, the stove is the planet.

Yeah, that's the ticket. Stove Feng Shui. Rotate your stove for the most harmonious orientation. It should always be parallel to the trees outside and never face south.

Oh, sure, feng shui, but doesn't it make a difference if you are located directly over the center of the earth? I mean, I'm located there, but what about the people who aren't? Not to mention what happens on the weekends . . .

Poult

My ex sister in law (psycho) used to believe in a lot of that "sleep with your head facing North" type of crap. Also met a guy selling magnetic stupidity supposed to cure everything and improve every physiological aspect of your life. he had a bogus demo involving magneting insoles (he was dating a woman we know- so I didn't make him look like an ass in public by showing how the trick is done).

As a science guy- it just kills me that people believe The Secret, magnetic magic, and all this other pseudoscience.

Blecch! Sorry for the thread-jack

Pook said:
think i got it now=
stove is placed on n. side of house,facing s. to project heat, blowers,eh, so now placing of wood can be accomplished without magnetic compass,,,,thus the planet earth & the planet stove cosmically harmonize! eh

Perfect. Our Lopi sits at the south wall facing north. When we both burn we'll achieve a universal heat balance. Rick

No, no pook. Pointing the stove south is bad. Heat + heat = bad juju. Your pipes will clog and the stove will emit green smoke. Point the stove north, opposites attract. Heat + cold = warmth, ahhh.

I keep hearing a Theremin in the background...and I don't think it's the Beach Boys. 8-/ Rick

Status
Not open for further replies.