Northeast Biomass Heating Expo 2016 - Burlington VT

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I expect given the short term low cost of fossil fuels that some of the presentations will be interesting.

Wish I had known about it sooner. I could have made plans to visit. After being cooped up all winter I need to get down off the hill and see what's going on in the You Knighted States.

Are there things to see for ordinary people, ie, w/spouse and not much money? We were thinking of taking a drive up on Saturday.

I have visited past events down in Portland. There is a vendor show with booths and lots of free goodies (pens, candy etc), plenty of brochures. There are usually a few outside displays with various operating systems. It really is focused on commercial and institutional sales of pellet burner and support systems rather than homeowners. Rarely is there a lot of conventional wood stoves or boilers although Tarm Biomass is usually there with a few. Wear a suit and make up a nametag with an institutional name like a college or school system and you will get lots of attention. There is usually are one or two companies who have large woodchip burners booth for systems sized for schools. If you are building or upgrading a system, its a nice place to talk directly with reps, there are usually a couple of different brands of valves and controls represented. They usually have a free open to the public period with the displays but I find that some of the reps tend to "ghost" their displays during the public hours. They usually are not very picky about who goes in during the actual show hours so I would probably show up early. They usually have a couple of raffles you can sign up for. Unless you get in heated discussion, I expect less than hour to walk the booths.

I guess I wouldn't make special trip to Burlington for the show but you may be able to combine it with other things like a brewery tour http://www.magichat.net/visit/

I guess I wouldn't make special trip to Burlington for the show but you may be able to combine it with other things like a brewery tour http://www.magichat.net/visit/
Exactly. Perhaps a nice restaurant to keep Mrs. Velvetfoot content. She wouldn't be into a bunch of seminars, for sure!
When last in Burlington for the Trump rally, I had a pizza (no beer-long time waiting in line) at American Flatbread Pizza.

Status
Not open for further replies.