1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Northeast Forest Products Equipment Expo

Post in 'The Boiler Room - Wood Boilers and Furnaces' started by Eric Johnson, Feb 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Reggie Dunlap

Reggie Dunlap Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Northern Vermont
    Trehugr-
    Approximatly 10 minutes from the airport and you should be able to get a cab.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Eric Johnson

Eric Johnson Mod Emeritus

Loc:
    Central NYS
    Glad to hear you're coming, trehugr. I look forward to meeting you (and everyone else). It's going to be a great show.
  3. BrownianHeatingTech

BrownianHeatingTech Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Northwood, NH
    I just registered...

Joe
  4. Eric Johnson

Loc:
    Central NYS
    A local dealer is going to be bringing a Greenwood and Central Boiler's new gasifier to the show. They have an outdoor space, so hopefully will be running one or both.
  5. JustWood

JustWood Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Arrow Bridge,NY
    With the current state of the forest products industry I wonder what the attendance will be this year ?
  6. Eric Johnson

Loc:
    Central NYS
    So far the pre-registration is running about 25% ahead of '06, which was the last time we did the show in Vermont. Exhibitors are off by about 5%. So it's looking pretty good, all things considered.

It doesn't cost anything to look, and if people are thinking about diversifying their operations, what better place than a trade show to get new ideas? Things like firewood processors, portable sawmills, etc. tend to get a lot of attention when the industry slows down.

In '06 we had about 6,000 people come through the gates. That's counting everybody once, and not including exhibitor personnel. We count you when you get a badge, which allows you to come and go as many times as you please over the course of 2 days. So it's an honest number.
  7. SE Iowa

SE Iowa New Member

Loc:
    SE Iowa
    I know that Iowa is not considered a big timber producing state, but we still have alot of hardwood logging etc, especially on the east and south side of the state. Also, Wisconsin and Minnesota have alot of loggers as well. Is there anything like this conference way out here?
  8. Eric Johnson

Loc:
    Central NYS
    Your best bet is probably the Lake States Logging Congress in Green Bay in early September. If you make it up there, stop by and say hi. I'll have a booth (Northern Logger magazine).
  9. SE Iowa

SE Iowa New Member

Loc:
    SE Iowa
    That sounds great especially in early september. The wife and my own business's are naturally slow right when school starts, so maybe a vacation to Green Bay. Our honeymoon was just on the north shore some 9 years ago. Of course there is 3 boys in the picture now, so won't be the same as before, nudge, nudge.
  10. Vtgent49

Vtgent49 New Member

Loc:
    Central VT
    I'm 3 miles from the Alchemist, and 18 from Essex, so I'll be at both, let me know when?

Al
  11. antos_ketcham

antos_ketcham Member

I hear everyone talking about the Alchemist? The Alchemist? In Waterbury? I work just up the road from there.

Looking forward to the Expo and getting to see all the boilers.

Pete
  12. webbie

webbie Seasoned Moderator Staff Member

Loc:
    Western Mass.
    Waterbury is what? 25 minutes from Essex?

So what is the deal? Are most folks going to be around on Fri evening?
  13. antos_ketcham

antos_ketcham Member

Roughly 25-35 minutes. I'll be around.

Pete
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.