Northeast Forest Products Equipment Expo

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Trehugr-
Approximatly 10 minutes from the airport and you should be able to get a cab.

Glad to hear you're coming, trehugr. I look forward to meeting you (and everyone else). It's going to be a great show.

A local dealer is going to be bringing a Greenwood and Central Boiler's new gasifier to the show. They have an outdoor space, so hopefully will be running one or both.

So far the pre-registration is running about 25% ahead of '06, which was the last time we did the show in Vermont. Exhibitors are off by about 5%. So it's looking pretty good, all things considered.

It doesn't cost anything to look, and if people are thinking about diversifying their operations, what better place than a trade show to get new ideas? Things like firewood processors, portable sawmills, etc. tend to get a lot of attention when the industry slows down.

In '06 we had about 6,000 people come through the gates. That's counting everybody once, and not including exhibitor personnel. We count you when you get a badge, which allows you to come and go as many times as you please over the course of 2 days. So it's an honest number.

I know that Iowa is not considered a big timber producing state, but we still have alot of hardwood logging etc, especially on the east and south side of the state. Also, Wisconsin and Minnesota have alot of loggers as well. Is there anything like this conference way out here?

Your best bet is probably the Lake States Logging Congress in Green Bay in early September. If you make it up there, stop by and say hi. I'll have a booth (Northern Logger magazine).

That sounds great especially in early september. The wife and my own business's are naturally slow right when school starts, so maybe a vacation to Green Bay. Our honeymoon was just on the north shore some 9 years ago. Of course there is 3 boys in the picture now, so won't be the same as before, nudge, nudge.

I'm 3 miles from the Alchemist, and 18 from Essex, so I'll be at both, let me know when?

Al

I hear everyone talking about the Alchemist? The Alchemist? In Waterbury? I work just up the road from there.

Looking forward to the Expo and getting to see all the boilers.

Pete

Status
Not open for further replies.