NorthEast low temps for this latest cold wave. Global warming?!?! NOT

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
To quote ring:
Global warming is a made up mental disorder by whack jobs

I say Thank you for stating your opinion...Just as I say the same thing to The tree hugger/eco-nazi's.
Regardless of how you feel...one way or the other...I'm not saying either side is right or wrong...and seeing as this topic brings such a heated debate...anytime it's brought up..I don't see a "common ground" coming anytime in the near future. But I will say both sides make good points. I would however ask of you (as an elder) to at least adopt, what someone from the opposite camp would describe as an "interested posture" (i.e. don't add fuel to the fire...no pun intended)...while I would be hard pressed to "adopt" their doomsday theory (the ice gone, seas 100 feet taller etc) if both sides met in the middle, we might have energy alternatives, a REAL national energy policy, cleaner air and hope of a brighter future without worrying if "the sky is falling".
If everyone "played nice" on this topic??? I don't see it happening but...I don't give a S^it personally who is right...all the energy is wasted on "unrealistic and un-attained goals."

Whether it is global warming,the hole in the ozone layer,pollution or a 'martian death beam' is irrelevant...a 70 degree day in Boston, in January is scary...and makes me take notice. While not un-heard of...these type of events are becoming more common. Global warming? I don't know...Can man effect climate change from his activities...I might believe it...we(man) has screwed this planet up in so many other ways...so it ain't a "stretch".
...So I say this...if you think global warming is real "Keep doing the research"...but don't try to work me into a 'huff' to get me to 'jump on the bandwagon'...I already make sacrifices in my daily life to "live green".
...When Walmart and GM do...then maybe we can talk...until then...i'm not gonna worry about it.

"Global warming is a made up mental disorder by whack jobs"

exactly.

men have always had to have something to fear, that earth and time will end, from religious nuts to cults it's all the same.

the difference is now, people will attempt at explaining things in a subconcious attempt at establishing a sense of controll over the earth and thier own lives, what better way to do than invent an imaginary problem that has an imaginary culprit and an imaginary solution. global warming, the reasons why and the "solution" exists only in the mind of man, not aside from it.

Amsterdam Ny here... just west of Albany by 30mins....
4:10am...and -6 right now...
wind chill around -18
weather calls for 40-50's next week....lol..go figure

got the baby cranking at feed rate 6 and stove temp 4 and house is a cozy 71

It's up to 1.6 here in Schenectady. Just west of Albany by 10-15 minutes. It's a toasty 72 in here.

Matt

keyman512us said:
To quote ring:
Global warming is a made up mental disorder by whack jobs

I say Thank you for stating your opinion...Just as I say the same thing to The tree hugger/eco-nazi's.
Regardless of how you feel...one way or the other...I'm not saying either side is right or wrong...and seeing as this topic brings such a heated debate...anytime it's brought up..I don't see a "common ground" coming anytime in the near future. But I will say both sides make good points. I would however ask of you (as an elder) to at least adopt, what someone from the opposite camp would describe as an "interested posture" (i.e. don't add fuel to the fire...no pun intended)...while I would be hard pressed to "adopt" their doomsday theory (the ice gone, seas 100 feet taller etc) if both sides met in the middle, we might have energy alternatives, a REAL national energy policy, cleaner air and hope of a brighter future without worrying if "the sky is falling".
If everyone "played nice" on this topic??? I don't see it happening but...I don't give a S^it personally who is right...all the energy is wasted on "unrealistic and un-attained goals."

Whether it is global warming,the hole in the ozone layer,pollution or a 'martian death beam' is irrelevant...a 70 degree day in Boston, in January is scary...and makes me take notice. While not un-heard of...these type of events are becoming more common. Global warming? I don't know...Can man effect climate change from his activities...I might believe it...we(man) has screwed this planet up in so many other ways...so it ain't a "stretch".
...So I say this...if you think global warming is real "Keep doing the research"...but don't try to work me into a 'huff' to get me to 'jump on the bandwagon'...I already make sacrifices in my daily life to "live green".
...When Walmart and GM do...then maybe we can talk...until then...i'm not gonna worry about it.

Your right keyman. That 70 degree day in Jan was very odd....now the cold is just evening things out. I've also noticed a LOT of wind this year. It think that's odd too.

-19 at my place this AM. Didnt make the -30 they forecast....good thing....was -24 back on Tuesday.

It was 3.1 here in Ct this am, now it's 11.3 (lol...digital thermometer). C'mon boys fire up them gas guzzlers...create some global warming...I'm tired of this cold weather.

Who needs a wood stove with all his hot air? :) ;)

Attachments

• gorered.jpg
    gorered.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 270
Good one Newton! So much for the inconvienant lies! It's hard to believe people believe this snake oil salesman.

Yeah, we need real energy solutions like the ones coming from our current crop of fearless leaders.Buy another SUV. Not.

Warmest Oct, Nov, Dec and part of January on record in my neck of the woods. 72 degrees in the begining of January. Didnt even get cold till the middle of January. Least snowiest winter on record. Now looks like winter is over with temps back into the 50's and 60's. Hmmmm I guess a cold snap of normal or below normal temps for a month and a half makes everything ok!

Status
Not open for further replies.