Northeast to have its coldest winter in a decade

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awwww those poor traders. They must be feeling the economic crunch too!! Time to scare people and jack up the prices so they can "make an honest living"

I4Favre said:
Awwww those poor traders. They must be feeling the economic crunch too!! Time to scare people and jack up the prices so they can "make an honest living"

Exactly.....can you say "speculation"?

I4Favre said:

Their "spec" trading is what sets the price for us po' folks when we buy it. Remember, "They're too big to fail". If they say oil ( or pellets, in this day and age) will have to cost more in 2 months, then it will happen.

you can count on higher prices and a warmer winter!

Ghettontheball said:
......still trying to communicate with caterpillars, theyre shy

I see....that explains a LOT about you Pook. :lol:

Ghettontheball said:
.....but still trying to communicate with caterpillars, theyre shy

There not catapillers there wooly buggers. No wonder they not speaking to ya! :)

Hey, at least there not pooping in your hand!

Better this year while oil is relatively cheap.

The Wall Street wonders got screwed by a non-existent hurricane season in the Gulf of Mexico so they have to turn to wishing for a cold winter.

BrotherBart said:
The Wall Street wonders got screwed by a non-existent hurricane season in the Gulf of Mexico so they have to turn to wishing for a cold winter.

That, plus they should blame Al Gore and ask him for some of the millions he's made lately.....he guaranteed big, devastating hurricanes due to global warming.....

The Farmers Alamanac says we will have a cold dry winter...below average temps...below average precip...
They are right 88% of the time since 1798.
no snow is fine by me...

I'm confident that some days the temperatures will be above normal and some days below normal. Count on it. :blank:

I believe it. It's already well below average temp here at night. I had a winter hat on 2 nights ago. I usually don't even wear a jacket until november!

My daughter is currently getting her meteorology degree and I have to agree with her when she absolutely, positively guarantees that we will have……….weather this winter.

All I can say to this is....... its winter!! lol.... Any way you look at it.....its Winter! :)

Stentor said:
I'm confident that some days the temperatures will be above normal and some days below normal. Count on it. :blank:
I agree 100%. I also predict periods of lightness, followed by periods of darkness every day. :)

It's time to tell the oil traders we are just going to burn more pellets. LOL

The winter temps about average out, about 200 degree days difference from normal to cold, which is not much.

macman said:
Stentor said:
I agree 100%. I also predict periods of lightness, followed by periods of darkness every day. :)

Do you think you will have some wet days followed by dry ones too??? LOL I know here in KY. it already feels like late Oct. and that STINKS...

It's the day where you get 2 to 3 inches of partly cloudy I can't stand :shut:

Status
Not open for further replies.