NorthEast USA "Snow Hurricane" Thurs & Fri

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Red Rover Red Rover grab a shovel and bend over the snow belt I live in is sending snow over!
Sorry guys , once again we ain't gonna get much outta this one either. Guess the fair weather dance I did last fall worked.

Dang! Ya mean I finally hafta use my snowblower?
I was hopin to get all the way to Spring...
Oh, well...at least it's NOT November any more!

86 toy said:
bring it on baby!! i love snow
Toy.....there are a few of you snow lovers on the forum. I think you all have mental problems...... :lol:

Move to Canada and take the snow with you...PLEASE!!!

macman said:
86 toy said:
bring it on baby!! i love snow
Toy.....there are a few of you snow lovers on the forum. I think you all have mental problems...... :lol:

Move to Canada and take the snow with you...PLEASE!!!

to love the snow you need to own a heavily modified 88 Toyota 4runner on 35" tires that you can go tear around in when their is loads of snow on the ground :coolsmirk:

Attachments

• runner.jpg
    runner.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 944
At least with living near Erie, PA the weather map appears to have us shown on the "hairy" edge of this. Of course having lived with lake effect snow my entire life and being in the snow belt as well this comes as no surprise!! I've come to expect snow from about Halloween to Easter (sometimes beyond) every year for the past 5 or 10.

UGH!!! At least that stove of mine is running again!!

macman said:
Get your good pellets, snow shovels, generators, and a stock of food staples ready.....this might end-up being no big deal, but not according to AccuWeather:

www.accuweather.com/regional-news-story.asp?region=eastusnews

I think you guys in the lower part of New England are gonna' get hammered with the snow, it looks like mostly rain and or slush for us here in Mid Maine for the next few days... Get your shovels out!
I'm all stocked up with my All Natural Al Gore Green Certified Refrigerator.

Attachments

• coldbeer.jpg
    coldbeer.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 959
I'd like to have a big one here on the Cape.

20 or so inches would suite me just fine.

But as usual we are doomed to get nothing but a big blow and a bunch of $#^ing rain.

---Nailer---

Looks like I won't see much this time around. I'm just worried about the intense winds this thing is gonna have. Everyone get their generators ready!

I agree with macman. You snow lovers have a screw loose. I lost my screw, so I guess that I cant talk :cheese:

Give me warm sunshine, two wheels and a winding mountain road any day !!!!!!

No big deal really, this is New England and March is next week. Plenty of mud comming for Toy's Toyota !!!!!!

Well CRAP, Woke up to 8" this morning. Heavy, wet almost not able to move it. Broke down and called a plow service. Looks like we got more to come. Think I am gonna snap! Snow SUCKS!

I woke up at 4:00 AM to 16" of "we ain't gonna get much outta this one either" this morning and it's still coming down!!!!

exactLEE said:
Red Rover Red Rover grab a shovel and bend over the snow belt I live in is sending snow over!
Sorry guys , once again we ain't gonna get much outta this one either. Guess the fair weather dance I did last fall worked.

I filled up the generator and got 3, 5 gallon cans filled up and ready to go...just incase this thing swings like they say it will and we get the WIND the weather dude is forecasting.
have plenty of pellets,cold beer, and food ...we are bought as prepped as we can be at this time.
BRING IT ON OLD MAN !!!

About a foot of the beautiful white stuff here :).

We took our 5 year old daughter skiing last night and may do some snowshoeing out back today.....we love snnnooooooooooooowwwww.

Yesterday our oil guy came to fill us up before the storms (our driveway is nasty and he always fits us in before bad weather...great guy really). I said "umm hi...we're 3/4 full and don't need any". Nice feeling!

I'll buy my next ton of Okies from him though. :)

jtakeman said:
Well CRAP, Woke up to 8" this morning. Heavy, wet almost not able to move it. Broke down and called a plow service. Looks like we got more to come. Think I am gonna snap! Snow SUCKS!

8"....Damn Jay. This is back beaking, heart attack stuff. Plow is a good idea if no snow blower.

As of 2AM, it had not started yet, so I had only about 2-3 inches. Tried to shovel a quick path before leaving for work....nope, too heavy. Used the snow blower for a quick path down the hill. It's been raining at home since I left, so I should be OK with a little cleaning up the remainder tonight.

So far it's looking like a mostly rain event here
but I'm still hoping and ready if it turns solid.

Attachments

• jeepplow.jpg
    jeepplow.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 680
37 and raining up here in my neck of the woods. Of course we haven't had any of the snow that the rest of you folks have been "blessed"with. LOL. Generator is gassed up, and plenty of pellets in the basement.

16" of cement here. Tree came down on the lines in front of the house and now my service head and phone lines and electric lines are laying in the front yard. currrently on generator and satellite internet. Got plowed out this morning and going out to clear up with the shovels shortly. Hoping for no more snow for a while.

It can't make up its mind here so it appears that round one is going to be a non event for me.

Gotta love it, the ole snowblower is peacefully snoozing away under the deck and next to the garage.

Status
Not open for further replies.