NorthEast USA "Snow Hurricane" Thurs & Fri

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Screw this I have had it! I was originally suppose to fly out of Newark, NJ on Friday morning to go on vacation. I don't think that is happening. The wife has total cabin fever (can't really blame her we have had 80" of snow so far) so she said let's go south to get out of dodge. Well, to make a long story short we are now driving 7 1/2 hours from outside Baltimore to Charlotte, NC just to make certain we have a flight to Mexico. Screw Global Warming. Give me the good old days!

My latest forcast is for 12-18" from 8am Fri. morning until Fri. night.....CRAP!!

I HATE SNOW!!!!!!!!! THIS IS ALL KROOSER'S FAULT!!!!!!

(I had to blame someone, OK?)

macman said:
My latest forcast is for 12-18" from 8am Fri. morning until Fri. night.....CRAP!!

I HATE SNOW!!!!!!!!! THIS IS ALL KROOSER'S FAULT!!!!!!

I'll gladly trade places with ya,I've got three snowmobiles that have barely moved this season-nothing but rain&high; 30's here all month!

macman said:

I HATE SNOW!!!!!!!!!

By the end of Feb, I could not agree more.......

macman said:
THIS IS ALL KROOSER'S FAULT!!!!!!

LOL !!!!

Good Luck macman!!!!

gbreda said:
macman said:

I HATE SNOW!!!!!!!!!

By the end of Feb, I could not agree more.......

macman said:
THIS IS ALL KROOSER'S FAULT!!!!!!

LOL !!!!

Good Luck macman!!!!

I agree with macman, I bet "he" has that stupid fan on again, CC probably has his on too! Errrr!

Yesterday I awoke to 8" of snow(officially 9.3") and Today I walk into a 4" pond in my driveway due to all the flipping rain and melting snow. Get the shovel and pick out to make a channel so the water can drain down the gravel driveway into the road. I have about had it! Hope I don't get water in the basement and wreck my newly purchased pellet stash. Been a weird winter in New England this year.

Very strange Winter indeed...No snow here I can't remember when???? We love the snow, sledding, skiing, snowshoeing, hiking etc. by the end of the week all of our snow will be gone in Central Maine. All you non-appreciative people down south and west will have it all...Embrace the lovely white stuff....

Very strange winter indeed...no snow here in Central Maine since I can't remember when??? Once the down pours of this week have ended we will have non of the precious white stuff left...We love the snow- skiing, sledding, snowshoeing. I guess we'l have to move south to get some...

Utilitrack said:
Very strange winter indeed...no snow here in Central Maine since I can't remember when??? Once the down pours of this week have ended we will have non of the precious white stuff left...We love the snow- skiing, sledding, snowshoeing. I guess we'l have to move south to get some...

I still have some ground cover..mostly frozen snow/ice now. No real snow accumulaion in a long time.

After the last 2-3 winters of over 100", I'm not complaining one bit. Neither is my back.

UPDATE: From the apparent center of this freaking snowstorm in the Hudson Valley, we have had approx. 12+" and it's still snowing as of 6pm.

Here's a look out my front door:

Attachments

• snow2010.jpg
    snow2010.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 220
Mac, dont you just love it's still light out at 6pm?, few weeks we turn the clocks AHEAD!!!!

No snow here in Ct, i watched intellicast radar all day from work, weirdest thing is the Ct /Ny border is the rain/snow line.......i bet mt Greylock got hammered!!

Attachments

• snow.gif
    snow.gif
    567.8 KB · Views: 241
Pellet-King said:
Mac, dont you just love it's still light out at 6pm?, few weeks we turn the clocks AHEAD!!!!

No snow here in Ct, i watched intellicast radar all day from work, weirdest thing is the Ct /Ny border is the rain/snow line.......i bet mt Greylock got hammered!!

Yep, I noticed the Ct/Ny snow "border" on the radar too...weird.

Oh, and it's not as light as the pic I posted looks....I lightened it up some in iPhoto. But I will be looking forward to daylight savings time again.

BTW, I'm driving to Pa. ASAP and shoot that woodchuck that predicted this mess. :mad:

macman said:
UPDATE: From the apparent center of this freaking snowstorm in the Hudson Valley, we have had approx. 12+" and it's still snowing as of 6pm.

Here's a look out my front door:

I had that view yesterday, Today we are swimming in slush and puddles. All rain here now. May get some more white crap tomorrow morning. I keep saying its almost over and this is to make us enjoy the spring and summer just that much more!

Stay warm

macman said:
BTW, I'm driving to Pa. ASAP and shoot that woodchuck that predicted this mess. :mad:

Uhm, I think it was a groundhog. Still say Krooser and CC had something to do with this! Trouble makers! :p

jtakeman said:
I had that view yesterday, Today we are swimming in slush and puddles. All rain here now. May get some more white crap tomorrow morning. I keep saying its almost over and this is to make us enjoy the spring and summer jsut that much more!

Stay warm

I just hope that we don't have a repeat of last "summer" - felt like fall from May to November. ;-)

jtakeman said:
macman said:

Uhm, I think it was a groundhog. Still say Krooser and CC had something to do with this! Trouble makers! :p

Woodchuck & groundhog are the same animal.....either way, his days are numbered.......... >:-(

macman said:
jtakeman said:
macman said:

Woodchuck & groundhog are the same animal.....either way, his days are numbered.......... >:-(

Little bugger is still sleeping anyway, See's his shadow every year to get a few more winks. Kinda like us hitting the snooze. zzzzzzz!

as you can see on the radar, we're getting hammered
with rain here. No snowplowing but tomorrow morning
I just might be able to take the kayak for a spin....
on my street!!!!! :coolgrin:

Xena said:
as you can see on the radar, we're getting hammered
with rain here. No snowplowing but tomorrow morning
I just might be able to take the kayak for a spin....
on my street!!!!! :coolgrin:

OK Xena, I'll be a good guy and let you drive over to my place and plow my driveway......that's a money-making deal, right??? :cheese:

And I'll even let you use my snowblower to do my sidewalks and around the mailbox.....man, what a deal!!

The creeks, brooks, streams, and rivers are arising up this way. The river just about a mile from here is going to 9 feet above flood stage between now and tomorrow this time.

Several roads are already closed due to running and ponding water.

In the mountains they got anywhere from 4" to 25" depending on the altitude.

PJF1313 said:
jtakeman said:
I had that view yesterday, Today we are swimming in slush and puddles. All rain here now. May get some more white crap tomorrow morning. I keep saying its almost over and this is to make us enjoy the spring and summer jsut that much more!

Stay warm

I just hope that we don't have a repeat of last "summer" - felt like fall from May to November. ;-)

Same here, Really hampered the fishing and it seemed to rain every weekend anyway.

SmokeyTheBear said:
The creeks, brooks, streams, and rivers are arising up this way. The river just about a mile from here is going to 9 feet above flood stage between now and tomorrow this time.

The whole westeern side of CT. is in a flood watch. We got a lot of rain today!

jtakeman said:
SmokeyTheBear said:

The whole westeern side of CT. is in a flood watch. We got a lot of rain today!

Here is what is going on up this way: http://www.weather.com/weather/newscenter/alerts/nswxcategory/ME

Well macman that sucks. It is wierd. You are not that far from me and we had a rain snow mix here. Snowed moderatly hard this morning then hard rain for 4 hourswhich wiped out most of the snow. Now we are back to snow. Wind has picked up too. Just got back from pulling my kids car out of the snow bank up the road >:-( He and car are OK Dad is cold and soaked. Now snowing pretty good out there. Just don't want to lose power again. ENJOY.

Schoondog

I BEAT Anorexia........LOVE IT!!

Status
Not open for further replies.