NorthEast USA "Snow Hurricane" Thurs & Fri

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome Back macman! Glad you survived. The place hasn't been the same without you! Keep that genny gassed up. Another storms coming Tuesday.

Chan

CWR said:
Welcome Back macman! Glad you survived. The place hasn't been the same without you! Keep that genny gassed up. Another storms coming Tuesday.

Chan

Hey, bite your tongue Chan, we no need to hear about more crud coming this way.

Pete, figured you lost the ole Internet thingy, that was our only problem and when it goes out on us it takes our phone as well.

Take it easy playing with the snow.

Glad to see you back macman, here in lower ME on the Nh border we lost power due to high winds/ rain thurs night around 11 pm. fired up the genny (briggs and statton 55k unit) and was all set or so I thought. about 1 am I decided to go out and fill up the genny with gas so I could go to sleep. As I tried to restart it it was just piss**g gas out the carb. I did my best in the dark to get it running again but had no luck. I eventually called the FD at 2:30 am when my basement had a foot of water in it and they supplied me with a back up 2k honda genny to pump out! I went to sleep around 4 and was back up at 7 to take the carb fully apart on my genny and clean it out properly in the day time. No sooner then I got the work done the FD showed up to collect thier genny to give it to other needing people! I spent the rest of friday at home with my 4 year old (the part of trying to fix the genny was hard, but I managed) watching movies keepeing warm by the pellet stove. We thankfully got power back around 5 pm last night after I awoke from a much needed nap with my daughter! Today, I spent the time again cleaning out the carb and changng the oil in the genny, and also trying to repair an older 2k genny unit that I have for back up. I also found out a friend of ours in Dover NH is still without power and staying elsewhere but want to get "home" and hopefully will be setting them up with my genny set up tommorow morning...

Stormed slammed us with 12 inches of snow, then 3 inches of rain, then some more snow, then rain, then snow and won't seem to qu so it snowing. In the meantime, we lost our power Thurs night so its been almost 48 hours. I saw some line trucks close by so hoping they are planning to get to our area soon. Generator runs the pellet stove just fine along with wide screen, Internet, xBox so I don't have it too bad.

SmokeyTheBear said:
CWR said:

Chan

Pete, figured you lost the ole Internet thingy, that was our only problem and when it goes out on us it takes our phone as well.

All right, Smokey. My wife has already given me c**p for me saying "Bring it on!" whenever a storms coming. I promise....I'm never saying that again. You remember the line in Forest Gump where Lt Dan ties himself to the mast of the boat and yells "Is that all you got?" I'm never saying that either. I would hate to see what follows this one!

Chan

CWR said:
SmokeyTheBear said:
CWR said:

Chan

All right, Smokey. My wife has already given me c**p for me saying "Bring it on!" whenever a storms coming. I promise....I'm never saying that again. You remember the line in Forest Gump where Lt Dan ties himself to the mast of the boat and yells "Is that all you got?" I'm never saying that either. I would hate to see what follows this one!

Chan

Chan you guys got hit pretty hard from what I have read , glad you are ok..

Yeah, I guess it was pretty bad. Fortunately we had no damage but we were one of the lucky ones. I just talked to a friend who lost her garage and two cars....Crushed by a massive tree.

Thanks for the concern guys This is quite a group

CWR said:
....... Keep that genny gassed up. Another storms coming Tuesday.

Chan

DON'T EVEN MENTION THAT!!!! :mad: I had enough snow for 5 winters already.

"Gas" isn't a problem with my genny....it runs off a 100Gal propane tank.....will last about 3-4 days non-stop, depending on the load. Has a battery warmer blanket set to turn on at 25 °F , Mobil 1 5w-30 in the crankcase, and new spark plugs & filter this past fall......I'm ready.

But thanks to everyone for thinking of me (and the daughter, and the dog....LOL).

Glad to hear ya'll are ok and survived this mess! We were very lucky down here in DE. Never got what they predicted! The previous storm was a bugger for us. 2 days of State of Emergency. I burned 2 vac days on it, no work - no pay! Our store was closed for 2 days.

I'm with macman, I've had enough for a lifetime!!

Power just came back on..been off since Thursday night. Hooked Honda gen to stove, set the thermostat at 68, house been 68 all week-end. Gassed the gen up at 3pm yesterday and refueled it at 8am this morning, still had a little left and was still running.

I did not notice any change of stove performance on the generator.

Hey macman....glad all is OK.

Chan, I could not agree more with avoiding Hampton Beach in the summer. No thanks.

Power is still out at my girlfriend's in Kitterym Maine. Hopefully will be back today. She has been here with 2 of the 4 kids since yesterday (older 2 stayed there). She does have the small generator running the pellet stove, but the tank only lasts 2 hours.

Everyone stay warm and SAFE.

Heres's a report at a town in southern Vt i used to snowmobile at, Woodford Vt.

Trail Conditions

Today is Sunday February 28, 2010. The temperature on the

Mountain is 26 degrees with a light snow. We have a total

Of “60 INCHES” so far. With the High Winds and HEAVY WET

SNOW the trails are covered with downfall and debris. Trails that

have been cleared were groomed last night.

Our power just came back on, Been out since Thur. 11 pm. We just had rain and real heavy wind. Got several trees down, snapped off about half way up the trunk. A lot to clean up but nothing was damaged on the house. Been running our P68 with a generac 3250 watts generator for the last three days. Ran like a champ. House was a constant 68 degrees.
JB

Status
Not open for further replies.