Northeast, Windy and cold 7 degrees, feels like -15 degrees here, stove doing great (your stories pl

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sydney1963

Oct 4, 2008
Windham Maine
Hi all,

Stove on pellet feed 2 of 9 settings and blower on 4 of 9 settings and keeping the 1500 sq ft cape at 67.1 right now. May have to crank it up another notch before bed. How are you doing? Thanks

whole house is 74 2600+sq...... thats my woodstove!!!!!!!! lol
pellet stove has that area 750-1000 sq at about 75-80 dunno but its hot as hell down there

6 here in NH Stove on 2-4 impending shut down minutes away to scrape Auger tube & re-light.

Heating my cape from the still uninsulated basement. Currently around 4 deg, windchill -13 (edit 7:46 PM). Damn it's howling out there!!!!
Was set to 3, stove temp, while gone at work. Came home to 1st floor at 58 deg. Cranked to 5 of 7. Heat is coming up nicely, should level off around 68-72 on 1st floor, 2nd floor around 60-61 where the bedrooms are. Quite comfy for me.
Will bring it back down to 4 at bedtime.

16 degrees here, and windchill has it down to about -1....brrrrrrrrr.

Stove burning CleanFires has the great room and kitchen right at 70 degrees, but because I have so many glass panels (8 full glass door panels, plus 4 regular windows) and 17' ceiling, I have the stove cranked up to 8.....it's roaring! LOL

Glad I bought the HHO at $2.29/gal....it's keeping the outer areas of the house warm.

The new dog is helping with my feet at night too! Who remembers the rock group 3 Dog night?? I believe that was an Australian saying for a really cold night!! :lol:

Attachments

• IMG_2365.jpg
    IMG_2365.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 626
11 here, wind has it close to 0................stove temp mode set at 5 feed rate 4.5, and its got the house at almost 70 on first floor, probably gonna go up to 5.5 on stove temp

7 here, -11 with wind chill, unfortunatly I only loaded a small amounts of pellets in the stove so it would be shut down and ready to clean when I got home. regardless house was at 64, now the englander room is at 70 ssetting 4/5, big e room at 68 setting 3 the remiander of the downstairs it about 66, upstairs is 62.....

4 degrees here wind sounds like its starting to slack off a bit. Power is back on after being out 4 hour this afternoon. Stove is at 2/3 and the house is a comfy 73 degrees. Heating with my 1.00 a bag corniths.

4 degrees here in eastern Maine,minus 13 wind chill.Burning a mix of Maines Choice&Penningtons; tonight at a feed rate of 3/6,blower5/6.My medium sized cape is a cozy 71 throughout.

Its 14 degrees here- wind chill says -2 degrees- whole house is at 72 both stoves in room temp mode- downstairs set at 77- upstairs stove set at 72.

not bad here 14. stove on 2 blower on 9. 72 in the house

Rika is on 40 setting. Thats 65 lbs a day consumption rate. Burning Okies. 1950 SQ/FT house, 4 degrees outside, wind is 20mph, 72 in here. Power has been out since early
afternoon, on the generator. Life is good.

7 degrees here, 2650sqft with a large great room and 2 story foyer. Stove is on room temp so I assume its going full blast, for the most part it holds it at 67 but the geothermal kicks in once in a while to provide a boost and keep it there. Furnace fan is on to help circulate.

Crisp Clear Moonlight night here. Current temp is -14 and thankfully the wind died down tonight. Both stoves humming along on #3, house is 70 degrees. All is well

Right at 1F here... pretty strong winds yesterday but they were a bit quieter today. High in the 20's tomorrow... it's 74F in the living room... the stove's on 3... uses about 40% more pellets than on my usual #2... but I'm warm.

I have the ol' NG radiant tube heater going in the shop... I keep it about 50F at nite and step it up a bit when I'm out there during the day... still looking for the $$$ to buy a used pellet burner for the shop.

Full moon and clear skies, too. I swear I saw my ex riding her broom in the moonlight...
witch.gif

It is currently 14 °F here but windchill is -8 °F .
Even the dogs don't want to go outside.

XXV burning Green Supreme - Advance burning Barefoot.
Keepin the house a toasty 74 °F upstairs and down.

10:35 PM
Just checked the temp +2 here. Still a bit breezy.
Stove on "Room Temp Mode" set on 75 and feed rate at 4
60 in the basement; 74-75 1st floor (Stove in the living room=Many people hanging out there!!)
Upstairs: 67-70

Stay warm everyone!

20 deg here 3000+ sqft home and the harman is cooking, room temp set to 77 deg with a feed rate of 3. First floor is at 77 deg second floor is at 66.... life is good!

Cranked it up to 3 of 9 pellet feed rate and 5 of 9 room blower and still holding at 66.9 degrees in the house. 6 degrees and dropping outside (4 degrees by morning), wind still cranking.

5 deg here. Probably closer to -15 with wind chill..... and boy is it windy!

I had to drive from Bangor to Waterville this morning in this crap! What should have taken me 40 min took me almost an hour and a half! Why is it the plows clean the passing lane on the I95 but barely clean the driving lane? I found myself driving mostly in the passing lane until I had to move over to let someone pass.

I actually got home to no power. The house was 62 deg; according to our neighbor we lost power twice today with the last time being about 1 hour by the time we got home. I found the pellet stove empty and the UPS power just wasting away. We grabbed some flashlights, candles, filled the pellet stove, and shut off the UPS in order to save the juice just in case the outage was extended and we needed heat later on in the evening (no generator yet). Luckily, power came back on around 6:30p. The stove has been running nonstop since then...

Now, we're considering purchasing a couple marine batteries and some starting gel to run the stove when we lose electricity for an extended period of time.... at least until we get our Generac generator! :)

8 degree's here, still windy. Stove is putting along. Burning Oakies, feed setting at 4 out of 6. I'm still on room temp and the stove cycles from low to #4. Living room temp is hovering at 70. Bring on the cold!

Chan

mainegeek said:
.... at least until we get our Generac generator! :)

Sorry to hear about the power and the cold house. What model Generac are you going to get? Whole house? Portable?

Status
Not open for further replies.