NORTHEASTER! BATTEN THE HATCHES!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I heard next week the cold snap will be loosing its grip on us possibly some 40's during the day.

I know I've had enough single digits last night and already ther now witha bitting wind. I would just appreciate average temps
this stuff 15 degrees below normal day after day is taking a toll on the wood pile Real dangereous now with all the ice just to walk to it is a real risk. I have to make one more trip in a few minutes to load up the stoves for the night. This section of my wood pile is mostly black birch. I got it and split 2 years back. It does not hold the fire length like oak. and it burns hotter, its so dry. I might have to get up during the night if the next laod is the same birtch

26" - 30" in. our total. We are still getting some cold wind snow squalls. The snow is very, very, fine powder. The winds are still kicked up with it drifting all night.

Some spots over the fields and medows are baron! While others are getting 5' ft drifts. Plows are still out.

BTW: I hear The Global Warming summit and parade was CANCELLED in N.Y.C. because of this storm . LOL!

Status
Not open for further replies.