Northern Michigan

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vinelife

Minister of Fire
May 31, 2010
Way Up North Michigan
This last week we just got 15" of snow and every night is between -5 and -11 still ... So still burning full time. Gone through alittle over 4 tons so far and will be burning through first week of may I'm sure. Went through 10 bags this week alone, still winter here ..

Has not been out of the 30's in the last week. Next Saturday is going to be in the 50's and sunny. Great for opening day of Truck Night.

Eric

Cold and snow covered here in the Poconos spring is 3-4 wks. away La Nina has a way of slowing things down. I bought my stove last year on the 31st of March the last day for the special deal savings it was 70* and I was on my way to a hockey game go figure. I'll need heat till May this year.

Got about 6in snow on top of ice last week, lows have been around 10*, highs 25 to 30*. Bright sun yesterday and today, that helps...

What you folks didn't get the memo???

Low temperatures are the new high temperatures and more snow equals less snow.

It has been chilly here the last few days, but during the day the snow and crud is slowly melting, the last small spot on the roof melted yesterday afternoon. First time the roof has been free of snow since December.

37 F here with the sun out. Wind so bad it takes my breath away. My son took the pick ax and finished digging through the snow drift that was in my way of getting to the greenhouse. Last year, around this time, we has some spring flowers, but that was an early and warm Spring. We are on the side of a hill. The snow is always slow to go here, but when it does, it isn't but a week or two when I have to get the lawn mover out. Won't be for a while, more snow predicted for next Friday.

Status
Not open for further replies.