Northerntool chaps

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jay H

Nov 20, 2006
NJ
I remember the recommendation on inexpensive chaps from northerntool:

http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/...omer driven-_-Recently Viewed-_-Category Page

$50, says they are size 37 waist... Now since my jean size is 32, am I going to be swimming in these??? Are these sized as if they are jeans and a 37" waist or are they sized as if they are worn on top of jeans and you obviously would need a larger size?

I hear these guys are long too, I have a 28" inseam so I'm no giant. My friend said he had a pair that he had to roll up and duct tape the whole thing, rather than try to cut them.

Jay

Oops, I'm reading the Northerntools site wrong anyway. 42inch waist... 37" inseam. So long as it's adjustable, I'm OK, the NT website didn't mention an adjustable waist though...

Jay

I guess the question is moot, I like the labonville ones too and the description is more descriptive than NT one... going to order a set of green ones now..

Jay

I have a similar inseam, and I got the regular (32") labonville chaps. Plenty long for my short legs.

Thanks, My inseam is something like 28" so I bought the 32" too...

Jay

Status
Not open for further replies.