Northwest Pride or Rocky Mountain wood pellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jj1949

Aug 12, 2008
ND
I see I'm not going to make it till the end of the season with the last two remaining pallets of lignetics I have . Called Tractor Supply today where I bought the lignetics two months ago and they're reporting they can't get a hold on lignetics and may not be able to until next fall. Not much left to pick from but has anyone ever used Northwest Pride or Rocky Mountain pellets before? Interesting but the store manager said there is still a tremendous demand for pellets especially in the midwest. Should've bought all the lignetics when I had the chance but storage wasn't feasible. Any and all replies are appreciated, would like to know if I'm looking at crappy pellets or better than average. Thanks

jj1949, do a search on Rocky Mountain Pellets. There was a recent post on these pellets and I have burned about 10 bags ih my Harmen Insert. I am really happy with them!

jj1949 said:
I see I'm not going to make it till the end of the season with the last two remaining pallets of lignetics I have . Called Tractor Supply today where I bought the lignetics two months ago and they're reporting they can't get a hold on lignetics and may not be able to until next fall. Not much left to pick from but has anyone ever used Northwest Pride or Rocky Mountain pellets before? Interesting but the store manager said there is still a tremendous demand for pellets especially in the midwest. Should've bought all the lignetics when I had the chance but storage wasn't feasible. Any and all replies are appreciated, would like to know if I'm looking at crappy pellets or better than average. Thanks

Here in wisconsin, at least in my area of the state, there are still plenty of pellets to be had. I shop for pellets at a lot of different places, to try out different brands and have noticed that not many places in my area sell lignetics. The only place I have seen Lignetics for sale around here was K-mart of all places.

Thank you for your feed back, did a search yesterday for Rocky Mtn Medreach and am glad to hear you've had success with this brand. I just returned a pallet of Marth Wood hardwoods..they were full of fines, the heat output was terrible and the size of the pellets were so inconsistent. Got a full refund because they admitted they had subcontracted another company for their production for a month or so and surely this company didn't know jack about the pellet production. I'm hoping that as the demand goes down and production catches up Lignetics will become more available, they in my opinion are one of the best on the market. Just my .02 but am willing to try another brand of course.

I used to burn Lignetics and really liked them. About 3 years ago, they became really hard to find, and I had to switch. When the new Rocky Mountain Pellet operation came on line last summer, I purchased 1-1/2 tons to get me through the winter. I feel they are as good, if not better than the Lignetics I used to get. Part of the reason may be due to the fact that the distance they are shipped is only 75 miles for the RMP vs 500 plus for the Lignetics. I find very few fines in the RMP. Not sure what the shipping distance would do to the fines, but I would think it would increase them. I would highly recommend RMP.

Status
Not open for further replies.