Northwest Pride Red Premium Fir Pellets(softwood)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MainePellethead

Minister of Fire
Dec 9, 2007
Southern Maine
Has anyone ever burned these? The local Lowes has some and I bought 30 bags to try. Last night got my stove all good and cleaned out, chimney etc. Fired up the stove to try these pellets. They are softwood...and we ran the stove for about 2 hours or so...these pellets burned very very well. Nearly no ash at all. The bag had, no kiddin, about 1/2 teaspoon of fines in it. Burned nice and hot. I liked em, I'm thinking about going and getting another ton of them. They are made in Idaho. AtlasPellets is the web site.....anyone ever tried them?

dave1966 said:
how are they priced compared to hard wood pellets thatb is a big issue also .

Well....at the Lowes I bought them at....

they were taking orders for HW Pellets(Pennington).... 280 a ton.

The softwood ones were 260 a ton....not to much of a difference.....but they do have great heat. And they had them in stock.

I have a problem with "ordering" with pre pay considering the delays with alot of the pellet stuff this year. I like the pay and get method :)

Hey, they were cheaper, you liked the minimal fines, you liked the way they burned, and they have them in stock.......sounds like a no-brainer to me.......I'd get 'em & burn 'em in a NY second.

I can get those pellets for $185.00 a ton.They do burn hot and little ash.

The Northwest Pride are my #2 choice. My 1st choice are North Idaho Energy Log brand simaler blend of woods. Bought my last ton for $199.00. Less ash and virtually no sawdust or fines on the bag.

MainePellethead said:
Has anyone ever burned these? The local Lowes has some and I bought 30 bags to try. Last night got my stove all good and cleaned out, chimney etc. Fired up the stove to try these pellets. They are softwood...and we ran the stove for about 2 hours or so...these pellets burned very very well. Nearly no ash at all. The bag had, no kiddin, about 1/2 teaspoon of fines in it. Burned nice and hot. I liked em, I'm thinking about going and getting another ton of them. They are made in Idaho. AtlasPellets is the web site.....anyone ever tried them?

Not just any softwood, There Red Fir. Very close to Doudlas Fir! Very Very hard to beat a fir pellet. One of the hottest and cleanest around. I have seen ash as low as 0.17%! If they did well for you that's all that matters! I would be getting as much as I could afford. Cheaper than a hardwood ta boot. :)

I will be trying the Country Pine pellets shortly. There an Atlas product. I have heard they are burning pretty well. But I wouldn't mind getting red or douglas fir pellet either! Your a lucky dog!

Status
Not open for further replies.