Not all wood stove dealers are evil.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RedRanger

Nov 19, 2007
British Columbia
Can`t help but give a plug for our local PE dealer here in the Cowichan Valley. Here`s why----

Last year I took the door off my older pe insert and had it re-gasketed, along with the window gasket, new screws,etc. for a total cost of around $45. And today went to see the guys there to "buy" some door gasket to set under the surround of my Enviro insert (to stop the rattling effect).

These guys don`t even sell the Enviro, but they gave me a piece of new door gasket material for (free). Just told them about the problem and they just cut off a 6 inch piece and said--"no charge".

Awesome people, and like I have said previously, I did want that summit, but it just wouldn`t fit. They knew that, remembered me and were more than happy that I got something with the bigger firebox that would fit. Just saying that it is nice to see some people in the business that are still helpful, whether they get an extra buck in their pocket or not.

SlyFerret said:
Or maybe a bottle of Baileys.

-SF

Yuk!! Got royally sick on that last xmas. Damn stuff goes down so smooth, tastes like liquid candy, and I totally overdid it without knowing it till it was too late :sick:

I drink it straight some times, but usually put it in coffee.

A little bit of baileys and a little bit of amaretto will make one of the smoothest cups of coffee you've ever had!

-SF

Maybe I am living with rose-colored glasses but I hope most wood stove dealers are pretty good folk. There are some rotten apples, like any business, but a lot of stove shops have great integrity. In Seattle I had a similar experience with Sutter Home and my experience with Tom Oyen and company was the best.

Did someone imply that most wood stove dealers were evil?!? We liked ours just fine. The sales guy didn't know everything, but their technical guy knew everything and then some. The installers were good. And when we couldn't find anyplace to buy Micore for our hearth they sold us a sheet (they do not sell it to individuals, normally, it is for when they build hearths for people). Also when we were not getting nearly long enough burn time they gave us a bundle of oak to test it with. (Turns out the long burn time in the manual is somewhat imaginary.) So overall we are quite happy with our stove dealer, and do recommend them to others.

To follow the off topic thread, last New Year's Eve we went through so many bottles of alcohol (Irish cream, Amaretto, and Limoncello, lots of beer, 2 bottles of wine, and 3 or 4 of champagne) that it is amazing that no one passed out. (There were only 8 people drinking seriously!)

Status
Not open for further replies.