Not firewood but impressive, at least I think so...look at that Sassafras!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

mrd1995

Burning Hunk
Feb 21, 2020
North East, Pa
The wife, pup, and I took a little stroll through the vineyards that butt up to our 5 acres and came across probably the largest Sassafras trees that I have ever seen. And yes 100% id, the only tree that has multiple leaf patterns on a single tree in our area. My hand was on the smallest of the four, I'm going to guess between 12- 18" diameter and probably 35-50' tall. Also found Shagbark Hickory, three or more Oak species and Sugar Maple I will have to talk with the neighbor to see if I can use his access road to get to this section of woods if not they will be out of reach until I get a machine in there to open some trails.

1596539561490.png

Reactions: D8Chumley