Not getting the right info!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ddanis

Feb 6, 2008
Maine
My question is: on the NewEnglander 25-PUF what do the HEAT RANGE and BLOWER SPEED buttons actually do when set. It would be nice to understand the entire combustion mechanics. The stove works great. I would like to be able to get maximum heat most of the time. When I am gone for the weekend I need to cut back to reduce ash build up because I am not there to clean it for 2-3 days. I did this last weekend leaving it on 5 heat and 5 blower for 48 hours. would leaving it on 3 heat and 5 blower give me another 24 hours. Three days would be the maximum amount of time I would be away. Please get back to me on my question about the function of the HEAT and BLOWER buttons. Thanks Dick

No one that has a PUF has ever posted here as far as I know.

Call 1-800-245-6489.

I have and I really like this stove. I clean mine every three days and i run mine on heat 5 blower 8 and that's heating a 2,200 sq ft of garage keeping it at around 55-60 on a 25-30 degree day. And I don't have to clean the burn pot either for the three days. Turning it down to heat 3 may get you to 4 days with the slower feed rate.

Heatman, thanks for the info. Still looking for the answer to my question. What are the functions of the HEAT RANGE and BLOWER SPEED buttons. The more technical the better. Thanks Dick

Heat range controls the amount of pellets being provided to the burn pot and therefore the amount of heat produced. Blower speed is a highly technical term meaning "controls the speed of the room air blower".

Status
Not open for further replies.