Not happy with englander

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

suzie1970

Oct 28, 2008
Hartland, Maine
Boy I am one angry woman right now with the service I received from englander parts department. Well my top auger and bottom auger stopped working, called englandars help line on Dec. 22, they said they would ship it right out. I thought with the holidays it may take a while. I called on Dec. 29th to see when I should get the parts, well they didn't have anything on file, and since it was under warranty there was no confirmation number. I was so mad, they made me run another diagnostic test, and it showed the same thing. I let them know I was running on oil, just had to get 100 gallons ($250.00) and needed those parts for heat. He said it would be mailed right out. Well tonight as I looked at the oil tank draining 1/2 gone now, and a ton of pellets sitting there, I decided to call again. Well they had the order but guess what???? it was just shipped out TODAY Jan. 2.!!!!! 5 days after I talked with them. I was not happy with the man I spoke with on the phone, and asked how I would file a complaint. He said to go to the website. He gave me a tracking number for UPS, and it is not even able to be tracked, said just picked up and check back tomorrow. So most likely I won't get my parts until middle of next week. I am in tears!!!!!! Anyone else have problem's with the service at englander? I bet if I had paid for the part they would of been here, so much for customer service and "warranties".

What part are they shipping to you auger motors, control board? What model stove too?

I have had great customer service with them via e-mail and the phone, They actually sent me a part next day in Sept 08

That is to bad about the Dec 22 to Dec 29th blunder I can understand why you are one angry woman.

I am not happy with my Englander stove. I had 4 auger motors, one blower motor and one bearing block go bad.

I have burned just under a total of 3 tons of pellets in 5 heating seasons. As you can tell its not used often.

I hope you can get your parts in a timely manner.

When someone has a problem with an Englander you can count on stoveguy2esw!!!!! Great job.................

Attachments

• superman_1.jpg
    superman_1.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 489
suzie1970 said:
Boy I am one angry woman right now with the service I received from englander parts department. Well my top auger and bottom auger stopped working, called englandars help line on Dec. 22, they said they would ship it right out. I thought with the holidays it may take a while. I called on Dec. 29th to see when I should get the parts, well they didn't have anything on file, and since it was under warranty there was no confirmation number. I was so mad, they made me run another diagnostic test, and it showed the same thing. I let them know I was running on oil, just had to get 100 gallons ($250.00) and needed those parts for heat. He said it would be mailed right out. Well tonight as I looked at the oil tank draining 1/2 gone now, and a ton of pellets sitting there, I decided to call again. Well they had the order but guess what???? it was just shipped out TODAY Jan. 2.!!!!! 5 days after I talked with them. I was not happy with the man I spoke with on the phone, and asked how I would file a complaint. He said to go to the website. He gave me a tracking number for UPS, and it is not even able to be tracked, said just picked up and check back tomorrow. So most likely I won't get my parts until middle of next week. I am in tears!!!!!! Anyone else have problem's with the service at englander? I bet if I had paid for the part they would of been here, so much for customer service and "warranties".

Wow! You need to cool down a bit Suzie. You are in tears? How would you ever handle a real crisis in life?
Obviously someone scewed up your order and most folks would be somewhat dissapointed but two weeks without a pellet stove should not be a crisis situation for you or anyone else.
Obviously you have set your mind to consider your pellet stove as your primary heating system and that really shouldn`t be. Think of it as supplementary heat period.
Considering all the complaints I`ve been reading about for the past 9 months with other brands you ought to be thankful you received such quick service , or that your parts are coming at all , AND that you have a primary heating system.
Personally, I think you need to get things into proper perspective.

gio,
suzie is my neighbor and a good person...i got her calmed down and she and her hubby spent quite a bit of time on the fone with mike today and got the stove going again while they wait for the new parts.she just got over excited about her stove not working , with the price she gave as most would. you know kind of like some of the ones not happy with pellets.but...all is well again thank you mike

to be quite honest, the parts we have sent her should have been there long ago, somehow we managed to lose the order. this normally does not happen. i have personally apologised to suzie for the delay. the customer support department is my department , i run it , so the fault for this is mine.i will say that im sure part of this delay was due to the holiday schedule both with ESW and UPS but frankly we should have had her parts to her by now. i will be tasking our shipping and "it" departments with examining this case and seeing if any changes to our methods of processing parts requests could decrease the possibility of this happening again in the future.

Hang in there Suzie - If you had an envirofire you wouldn't be able to call their customer service department because they don't have one listed. I have several dealers with 20-50 miles from my house but none of them would come to look at my stove when I requested it. Actually one did offer to come for about $150.00 and I would need to take the day off to accommodate his schedule. In the end, I took my stove out of my fireplace and drove it to the dealer myself for service. After sitting in his shop for 2 weeks he told me that I needed to have it rewired and that it would start at $300.00 but could go much higher. I brought the stove back and my brother in law rewired the whole unit in about an hour and over 2 beers. Works great now.

mjbrown65 said:
gio,
suzie is my neighbor and a good person...i got her calmed down and she and her hubby spent quite a bit of time on the fone with mike today and got the stove going again while they wait for the new parts.she just got over excited about her stove not working , with the price she gave as most would. you know kind of like some of the ones not happy with pellets.but...all is well again thank you mike

That`s some great news thanks to you and Mike and I have no doubts she is a good person.
I`m sorry if I came on too strong.

no problem gio...i was giving it to her hard yesterday. i said " maaaannnnnn, you are gonna piss him off and he is going to tell you what to do with your stove and then charge you double for warrantee parts" . she was so worried and then this afternoon, she said how nice mike was to work with and told me i was an ***hole...all i could do was laugh.

mjbrown65 said:
no problem gio...i was giving it to her hard yesterday. i said " maaaannnnnn, you are gonna piss him off and he is going to tell you what to do with your stove and then charge you double for warrantee parts" . she was so worried and then this afternoon, she said how nice mike was to work with and told me i was an ***hole...all i could do was laugh.

thats funny mike :lol: she still owes me a PM to let me know everything is up and working, when i left them they didnt have the unit all the way hooked back up but just had the flue slipped on. hoping that the fix worked as well as i think it did. we found the bearing cap on the motor was gunked up with some kinda crud , her hubby flushed it out with WD-40 and got it cleaned out and we monkeyed with the cap to get the motor started snugged the bearing cap screws down and it was running like a swiss watch , he had to look at the auger cause he couldnt hear the motor running. restaked the exhaust blower motor cover and the blower noise is gone now as well. if ya see her , ask her to let me know how its going.

Well I can say the Mike from Engender helped us out so much today. We were on the phone with him for 2 hours, and with all his wisdom and knowledge he was able to get it going for us, and I am VERY thankful to him. I can say that the professionalism he displayed was top notch, so SHAME ON ME FOR DISSIN ENGENDER STOVES!!!!!!! I actually was at the Home Depot today, and a couple was looking at pellet stoves, and they were looking at the engender and I stopped and recommended it to them, so yes, I was very hot under the collar when the parts didn't come, but now I am fine.

For the comment about how I handle crisis in life, well I handle crisis on a daily basis as it is part of my job, I guess when it is my own life I get a little crazy as I don't have alot of money to blow on oil, yeah I do become a little up tight!!!!

Sue

Sue, glad you got the problem worked out. Mike Holten is one of THE class guys on this forum.

maybe you could start a new Thread titled " VERY happy with Englander"....

Pelletizer agrees 100% with macman Mike has been unreal on this site I still think there should be an Englander Demo burn in N.E. with Mike on hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.