Not just my stacks Im worried about...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wood-fan-atic

Minister of Fire
Oct 4, 2010
Long Island, NY
Most of my wood is in the wood shed (this is NOT a current pic, by the way - this is from last fall). I do have some stacks in racks with roofs around the property - I'll throw some extra screws in 'em Sat. morning. I threw some extra Simpson ties on the roof rafters of the wood shed too. I'd hate to see that roof go air-bourne. How are you all making out so far with the storm? I am praying y'all are safe and homes are secure.

Attachments

• full shed 2.jpg
    full shed 2.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 442
Take care, those rafter ties were prudent with what you are facing.

I spent all morning outside with my son battening down the hatches. We all have our fingers crossed...Supposed to downright nasty tonight into tomorrow - the waiting is the hardest part.

wood-fan-atic said:
Most of my wood is in the wood shed (this is NOT a current pic, by the way - this is from last fall). I do have some stacks in racks with roofs around the property - I'll throw some extra screws in 'em Sat. morning. I threw some extra Simpson ties on the roof rafters of the wood shed too. I'd hate to see that roof go air-bourne. How are you all making out so far with the storm? I am praying y'all are safe and homes are secure.
I hope that's faceing N. or N.E.Nice shed.

Status
Not open for further replies.