Not Much Left

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
About 14 smaller logs left from the load, will start to split this week.

zap

Attachments

• 100_0420.jpg
    100_0420.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 578
  • 100_0421.jpg
    100_0421.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 560
Nice chips moving alone nicely!

smokinjay said:

When I was cutting I almost went to the 16 inch, when I get back in the woods cutting again I'm going with the 16 on the 390 on some of the smaller basswood and beech.

zap

That sure didn't take you very long! Nice pile of wood chips.

zapny said:
smokinjay said:

When I was cutting I almost went to the 16 inch, when I get back in the woods cutting again I'm going with the 16 on the 390 on some of the smaller basswood and beech.

zap

That's my very favorite set up. Some will say its to small but it just works great on a bigger cc saw.

quads said:

I took Friday and today off from work so I could get most of it done, any ideas on stacking (pallets) with the snow on the ground.

zap

zapny said:
quads said:

I took Friday and today off from work so I could get most of it done, any ideas on stacking (pallets) with the snow on the ground.

zap

I have a 20x20 slab of concrete I am going to plow tomorrow I would think you could plow out an area and then put down pallets

zapny said:
any ideas on stacking (pallets) with the snow on the ground.

Leave it in a split heap until it is convenient to do it. Or, leave it in the split heap until the October before you plan on burning it.

Looking at those wood chips, I can almost smell it.

LLigetfa said:
Looking at those wood chips, I can almost smell it.

All I can think of is all those btu's and some guy that said get it done. Also the time I will be able to spend fishing old marble eyes this spring.

zap

WOW
You've been busy & kept your chain sharp too.
Made a bunch of mulch also.
Good work!

bogydave said:
WOW
You've been busy & kept your chain sharp too.
Made a bunch of mulch also.
Good work!

I was up at 5:00 am filed the chain and started about 9:45 am, I have been starting later then I would if I was cutting in the woods.

My neighbor up front is on the town board.

zap

Looks great! Hopefully I'll be able to get out soon and cut a load or two. Pictures like this have a way of getting you going again.

zapny said:
I was up at 5:00 am filed the chain and started about 9:45 am, I have been starting later then I would if I was cutting in the woods.

My neighbor up front is on the town board.
Ja, you don't need to be getting the neighbors upset at 5:00 AM.

when I read the title of this thread I thought you were running out of firewood. Glad to see it is the opposite.

Wood Duck said:
when I read the title of this thread I thought you were running out of firewood. Glad to see it is the opposite.

Because of the warmer winter we have been running the pellet stove more to heat the house, I think we burned 24/7 one week at the most. We should have 6-8 face cord left over from this heating season.

Zap

maxed_out said:
you get it all split up too?

I start splitting this Saturday, will post pictures on Saturday and Sunday.

Zap

Status
Not open for further replies.