Not Only Do You Wait For A Harman But You Get To Pay More

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BrotherBart

Modesterator
Staff member
"However, Harman also expects to increase its prices in August by about 7 percent, McSherry said.

Bradley informed his customers of the increase. That's a problem for those waiting for a stove, he said. Customers will have to pay the increase, even if they've put deposits down or paid for a stove in full, he said."

http://www.centralpennbusiness.com/article.asp?aID=67505

Ah, once again, they are quoting me extensively.......mostly correctly, but a little out of context in one case....

-----------------
McSherry said the transition has not slowed production. The new ownership has allowed Harman to begin lean manufacturing and add workers, which will increase output.
Issod was skeptical.
"There's obviously a problem somewhere that's above and beyond the demand issues," he said.
------------------

My point, if it was not clear there, was that decisions made about production earlier in the year, as well as other factors - figures into the problems.

Also, the quote regarding "slow, made by hand".....well, just looking at the pic on the article, you can see that is true! But what I was saying was that ALL woodstoves are made this way......this is not a situation like classic assembly lines (for TV's, etc) where you can pump out stoves at a moments notice. If you do not build up stock in advance, you are behind the 8-ball.

Looks like I'm gonna have to get your autograph soon with all this press.......Issod for President???????? hmmmmmmm

mralias said:
Looks like I'm gonna have to get your autograph soon with all this press.......Issod for President???????? hmmmmmmm

Secretary of Solid Fuel?

Good reason among others to go buy something else. I never could see them being all that fantastic especially in view of their very tight sales policies and the like. Gawd they are selling for nearly $4K around here just for the stove which is way rich for my blood. Lots of other fish in the sea though.
Craig you would be a splendid public official. Something tells me that like myself you haven't got what it takes though. You know, that certain foulness that makas a politician successful.

Status
Not open for further replies.