1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Not Only Do You Wait For A Harman But You Get To Pay More

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by BrotherBart, Aug 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BrotherBart

BrotherBart Hearth.com LLC Mid-Atlantic Division Staff Member

Loc:
    Northern Virginia
    "However, Harman also expects to increase its prices in August by about 7 percent, McSherry said.

Bradley informed his customers of the increase. That's a problem for those waiting for a stove, he said. Customers will have to pay the increase, even if they've put deposits down or paid for a stove in full, he said."

http://www.centralpennbusiness.com/article.asp?aID=67505

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. webbie

webbie Seasoned Moderator Staff Member

Loc:
    Western Mass.
    Ah, once again, they are quoting me extensively.......mostly correctly, but a little out of context in one case....

-----------------
    McSherry said the transition has not slowed production. The new ownership has allowed Harman to begin lean manufacturing and add workers, which will increase output.
    Issod was skeptical.
    "There's obviously a problem somewhere that's above and beyond the demand issues," he said.
    ------------------

My point, if it was not clear there, was that decisions made about production earlier in the year, as well as other factors - figures into the problems.

Also, the quote regarding "slow, made by hand".....well, just looking at the pic on the article, you can see that is true! But what I was saying was that ALL woodstoves are made this way......this is not a situation like classic assembly lines (for TV's, etc) where you can pump out stoves at a moments notice. If you do not build up stock in advance, you are behind the 8-ball.
  3. webbie

webbie Seasoned Moderator Staff Member

Loc:
    Western Mass.
    OH, the photo is a FILE photo (from way back)! Maybe they are not letting journalists in to take pics?

I know they invited me to look.......but maybe not take pics?
  4. mralias

mralias Minister of Fire

Loc:
    MA
    Looks like I'm gonna have to get your autograph soon with all this press.......Issod for President???????? hmmmmmmm
  5. BrotherBart

BrotherBart Hearth.com LLC Mid-Atlantic Division Staff Member

Loc:
    Northern Virginia
    Secretary of Solid Fuel?
  6. drizler

drizler Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Chazy, NY 12921
    Good reason among others to go buy something else. I never could see them being all that fantastic especially in view of their very tight sales policies and the like. Gawd they are selling for nearly $4K around here just for the stove which is way rich for my blood. Lots of other fish in the sea though.
    Craig you would be a splendid public official. Something tells me that like myself you haven't got what it takes though. You know, that certain foulness that makas a politician successful.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.