Not really a woodburning thread

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mfglickman

Minister of Fire
Jan 17, 2012
NW CT
But please be careful of your electrical equipment. - and then check it again.

Sue and Paul were friends of mine. They had commonsense and kindness and years of happy retirement ahead of them. This has haunted me since the day after the fire. I thought it would help to know the cause but it does not. :(

http://chelmsford.patch.com/articles/investigators-determine-cause-of-woodcrest-fire

Putting it out as a sad PSA.

I had a meeting with someone from DFS this morning and we were discussing this fire. I am sorry for the loss of you friends.

Reactions: mfglickman
This is just one of the reasons why the fire codes often do not allow electrical extension cords to be used in place of permanent wiring except in a few cases -- holiday lighting, construction, cleaning, temporary use, etc.Sadly, a lot of folks don't realize the danger.

Sorry to hear about your friends.

Reactions: tfdchief
Status
Not open for further replies.