Not so proud new owner of USSC 6041tp

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jeepgrl8287

Nov 30, 2013
Oswego, NY
I am renting a house, just under 2000sq ft that I have had since May. When I moved in they had a wood stove installed, ended up removing that and buying the USSC 6041tp off of craigslist and having it installed. Living in upstate ny it is starting to be rather chilly at night, 10 or so lol. I have been using it for a few weeks and initially found the auto settings did not work well at all and the manual settings were much better. Last week though I came home from work to the auger not feeding any pellets in at all. I took the sides off and found a rubber piece in the bottom of the stove, shaped like an X. (Have picture, unsure if I attached or not) and when watching the auger and auger motor, they are not lined up causing the auger motor to "pop" back when it is circling the auger. I also noticed that it looks like there may be a pin that is supposed to hold something somewhere. I apologize for the lack of professional wording, this is a whole new world for me and since the landlords reside in Fl and are not helpful at all, I am looking for assistance.

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    32.4 KB · Views: 256
The detail parts list is pretty good in the manual and I do not see that part in there. The clip you refer to may be #12 the hair pin which connects the auger to the auger motor. If you have not look yet at the diagram in your manual I suggest you do so to get a prospective on what the issue could be.

Attachments

• USSC 6041tp auger.jpg
    USSC 6041tp auger.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 283
The rubber x is a spider from a lovejoy style shaft coupling

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/330548952567?lpid=82

A quick link with a picture I found for reference.

Perhaps a previous owner substituted a shaft coupling for the pin connection between auger and motor and it just let go on you?

It's hard to see in your picture, but if the spider says 050 on it, then that is the size of the coupling and you need to search for a Lovejoy L050 spider to replace it with. Should be easy enough to find.

grainger.com has Lovejoy couplers.

Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.