Not sure if possible but.....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Diabel

Minister of Fire
Jan 11, 2008
Ottawa, ON
We have enough experts here that I believe I will get my answer.

Here is my idea:

The refactory on my 3yr old Encore NC is slowly but surly failing (flaking away). I believe that I have this & maybe one more season on this original refactory, then the decision will need to be made....replace it or put the $500-600 toward a new different stove. I love the looks of this stove, I am ok with the everburn system (just ok). Here is the thought/question:

Once I remove the refactory and all...could I slide a cat combustor & its refactory in the same place? I understand that AOK is different & in a slightly different spot.

Any input appreciated!

Thanks

Hoping a bump will get you an answer... I wanna hear how this resolves :)

Diabel do a search on 'tradergordo' he has a site in his signature that will show you how to make those refractory's for next to nothing. Hey if you're OK with the stove why not?

Ed, thanks for the bump.

I followed Gordos thread with the home made refactory for the side door, I think it would be a bit more difficult in my case. If some one could post few pics of their encore 2550 or 2190 from the back (no shield) & close up of the cat chamber...that would help a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.