Not sure if the wood shed thread is closed or not

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

crater22

Burning Hunk
Nov 23, 2014
brookville, indiana
and don'twant to cause any problems. I just have a question. How would you guy's change this building to be able to season fire wood? It is 20x30 and there is a window directly across from the one you can see. I also have a 2 1/2 car attached garage and I live by myself, so I can use this for anything I want to. I would like to hook up a old Hartman stove that came with the house, to help heat the garage when I am working on a car or a wood working project. I would like to be able to put in as many cords I can, once air dried on the outside. I am looking for ideas on how to vent out the moisture from inside the garage. Heck, you guy's know what I talking about. It does have electric and even an old air conditioner!!!!!

Many thanks in advance for any ideas/suggestions and once again apologize if this is a touchy subject.

Doh, he says in his best Homer Simpson voice

Attachments

• 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    338.4 KB · Views: 124
Honestly I'd think about adding a lean to whichever side the prevailing wind direction is out of. Leave it out there and bring it into the garage or wherever as you need it. It will take up more room than you may think.
My garage is 28x 28 and ive got a lean to on the west side adn it's constantly got a breeze. I just wish it was bigger so I could leave more outside. As it is I stack my current yr wood inside the garage (3.5- 4 cord )..2 rows down my East and west sides.. It doesn't seem like it's taking up a lot of good useable space but it really is when I have the sld/quad and mower in there and want to get my truck inside.

Status
Not open for further replies.