1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Not the time to let your pellet supply to run out!

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by save$, Mar 17, 2013.

1. save$

save$ Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Chelsea Maine
    Going down to a predicted low of 13F tonight. Long range forecast for the north east is colder than normal through end of the month. We anticipate starting the first day of spring with a new foot of snow. Not yet time to let your pellet supply run low unless you plan to pay the oil man!

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. heat seeker

heat seeker Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Northern CT
    21° here tonight, 5-7" wet snow tomorrow. About a ton of pellets left, so we ought to survive in good form!
  3. Shaw520

Shaw520 Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Modena
    Just stashed another ton,... choo choo!,... Im not stopping,..
  4. gfreek

gfreek Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Beautiful Attica/Varysburg,New York
    17F here now, calling for snow to freezing rain to snow, have a ton left and TSC has pellets in stock if needed
  5. ScotL

ScotL Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Central Maine
    I blame Gifford's Ice Cream. They opened their stands this weekend and the weather got colder.
    mepellet and SmokeyTheBear like this.
  6. jtakeman

jtakeman Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Northwestern CT.
    We have some snow in the evening/morning forcast! :mad: I'm waving my white flag even and it still just keeps coming!
    Eatonpcat likes this.
  7. SmokeyTheBear

SmokeyTheBear Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Standish, ME
    Damn it old man stop waving the I want more snow flag, dip it in some dye.

It was 5::Fwhen I hauled my hind quarters around to check the outside temperature this morning and the chickens wanted more pellets for their stove.
    Brokenwing and Eatonpcat like this.
  8. heat seeker

Loc:
    Northern CT
    Our chickens are stoveless, but they started laying again last week. Go figure.
  9. SmokeyTheBear

Loc:
    Standish, ME
    Mine have laid all winter spotty but enough for us. Our chickens might discover they too have no stove but only if I give them real wood pellets. They think that round thing hanging from the roof joist is a stove since it holds pellets and they hear me talk about how well it heats their coop.

They also want a disco ball, a rooster, and other party supplies.
  10. heat seeker

Loc:
    Northern CT
    Well, it's sorta embarrassing to have to buy eggs at the store when our birds are living such a luxurious life. Our barn is a tinderbox, so we don't use any heating down there. The birds do like to peck the snow off my boots, though. It's a little strange to get rushed by birds that "attack" your boots...
    It would be nice to have a stove down there so I could operate on my tractors during the winter, though.
  11. briansol

briansol Minister of Fire

Loc:
    central ct
    You guys keep chickens in your house?
  12. heat seeker

Loc:
    Northern CT
    Ours have their own "house" - a large tack room in a former horse barn. Electricity, running water, but no stove.
    I have read about people with chickens in the house - boggles the mind. One of our friends has a neighbor across the street, and they can hear the chickens, which have to be in the house since there's nowhere else. That house must smell something fierce inside!
    On Topic - my friend has a pellet stove...
  13. SmokeyTheBear

Loc:
    Standish, ME
    I have two small coops and runs outside, both have electricity (lights) one has a heated waterer.

No chickens in the house.

I have some peeps on order for the first part of May, need to add to the flock.
  14. Rob Kav

Rob Kav New Member

I used to raise cornish cross chickens.Strictly a meat bird.I would get 50 in the spring and 6 to 8 weeks later I would have them in the freezer.I would hold a few over for a month longer or so and have enormous 6 to 8 lb birds for roast chicken dinner.They needed a very high protien diet of 18 percent or so if memory serves or their legs would give out.On topic I should have bought a pellet stove back then.
  15. Dollabill

Dollabill New Member

Loc:
    Between Augusta and Lewiston Maine
    I do not have birds but my daughter does so eggs are free ! Hers are not in the House and if they were her Mother would do the Shooting Im sure ! Thats just down right WRONG birds in the House!
  16. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    great white northern ontario
    just came back with 31 bags & a stove:) . i know where to get another 81 bags so i'll be busy this week;) . it was -20::C!!! this morning and calling for 4-6 inches tonight. old man winter is hanging around for the easter eggs, go figure! speaking of birds, i saw a huge flock(100 or so) of ravens today. it something i don't see to often.....:p
  17. Don2222

Don2222 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Salem NH
    Hello

Sure looks like alot of snow and here it comes!

Just got 1/2 Ton of Maine's Choice at Lowe's. Gatta run the electrical to the new garage pellet stove now!

That 8"-14" swath looks like a boxing glove with a big thumb. With the additional cost of snow removal we are getting the thumb up our a$$ ! ! LOL

Attached Files:

ivanhoe and Xena like this.
  18. moey

moey Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Southern Maine
    I thought the diagram looked like a middle finger
  19. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    great white northern ontario
    was unloading the pellets and noticed i had 34, so i got 3 bags free:cool: i hope i get a similar deal when i gonna pick-up the others::-)
  20. 3650

3650 Member

Loc:
    midwest
    I just carried in my last ton yesterday. Its going to get down to 19 tonight. I hope I burn all mine by warm weather, I dont want to be shuffling bags around all summer.
  21. SnowMud

SnowMud New Member

Loc:
    Maine
    I live 10 minutes from you.. I am just about out aaaand my stove craped the bed. Snows piling up outside for sure.. wife almost smashed her car into my boat on accident
  22. bill3rail

bill3rail Minister of Fire

Loc:
    LI, NY
    Maybe 14 bags left in the shed and next to the stove. There are no pellets at Blowes or Homo Depot anywhere on LI, so I hope the weather eases up in the next few weeks.

If I run out, are there any pellet mill members near Hicksville that would sell a few bags to me?

Bill
  23. save$

save$ Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Chelsea Maine
    Welcome to the group, neighbor.

Wow, it wasn't for no luck, you wouldn't have any luck. Out of pellets, stove not working and wife "almost" almost hit the boat. Sucks for sure to be back on dino.

If you need help with finding out how to fix the stove, post a contact here and tell what is wrong, be sure to mention the name of your stove. There are some really knowledgeable forum members on here. Some of them sell and maintain stoves for a living. Just give them some time to respond to you.

24. SnowMud

SnowMud New Member

Loc:
    Maine
    Thanks a lot, I had long post about what happened.. just waiting on some good advice. and my parts too.. those will help..
  25. Hoot23

Hoot23 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Alfred, Me
    10 bags of Northern left. Still plenty cold, gonna have to spring for a half ton probably.