Not to start a ****ing match but...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bluedogz

Minister of Fire
Oct 9, 2011
NE Maryland
Considering a new saw... had my Stihl MS192TC 14" and LOVED it; handled beautifully one-handed without getting dangerous or inducing tendinitis, started first pull, all that.

BUT a Husky T435 with a 14" bar is notably cheaper.

Given that I need a one-handed saw that'll last awhile, what thoughts has the site?

you could go with a husky 435T or a dolmar 351 both are one handed size saws, The husky claims a little more power. Do you want a top handle saw or a conventional handle?

you could go with a husky 435T or a dolmar 351 both are one handed size saws, The husky claims a little more power. Do you want a top handle saw or a conventional handle?

Must be top- handle- that balance is critical to one-handed operation safely. I loved the Stihl but the Husky is notably cheaper.

Bluedogz, I really take my hat off to you. Being a full-fledged woodburner in your situation takes skills and attitude beyond my imagination. I will try to remember your example next time things seem to be getting tough.

Reactions: D8Chumley
Not to gum up the works too much but after getting the carb sorted my dad's Echo 360T is a beast

Not gonna disagree a bit... beastly or not, comments on price & ease of one-handed operation?

Bluedogz, I really take my hat off to you. Being a full-fledged woodburner in your situation takes skills and attitude beyond my imagination. I will try to remember your example next time things seem to be getting tough.

Thank you, Grisu... but the fact is we all do what we gotta do. We've all been dealt a big poop sandwich at some point- you can either rise or fall.

Not gonna disagree a bit... beastly or not, comments on price & ease of one-handed operation?

Seems like I payed about $350 for it 4 or so years ago. It's the only top handle saw I've ever run so I can't say how it stacks up in comparison but one hand operation is no problem unless you're standing on a ladder and working over your head - in that case it gets heavy real fast.

You can still find some of the old Beaird/Weedeater Poulans for cheap. I have a Poulan 2000 great saw, also the 25 series were pro built saws. They will hang with the new husky 235t if not hand it it's lunch. They were also sold by sears under different numbers. I was given the 2000 cleaned the carb and opened up the muffler and it will cut for 32cc's.

Status
Not open for further replies.