'Noteworthy' tree taken down today...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

keyman512us

Feb 27, 2007
North Worc. CTY MA
Well today a noteworthy tree belonging to our most noteworthy member here on the forum...a tree that was talked about at some length during the donor install this spring...is "all preped and ready to go" and I'm sure someone (who happens to have some nice 'standing firewood' wish my yard had a fraction of these) is going to busy for either a couple of nights or a few hours this weekend...

Just couldn't resist climbing up there to 'Git-R-Done'...lol

...The enticement this evening...and what it looked like before the saw got fired up:

Attachments

• IM003163.JPG
    IM003163.JPG
    14.9 KB · Views: 667
  • IM003165.JPG
    IM003165.JPG
    33.8 KB · Views: 688
During...

"Hanging around" watching "THE MAN" on the ground working contently on his newly aquired firewood. Everything taken down from this point was 'roped down' to avoid the wires...even though 'they got brushed' in the process. ;)

I didn't get a chance to see if he was smiling watching me hold on to the tree as it swayed when they 'loaded up'...but it was a fun time 'up topside' all the same...:)

Attachments

• IM003170.JPG
    IM003170.JPG
    28.8 KB · Views: 665
After...

I'm sure "The regulars here" know who's homestead this is...lol ;)

"One less thing to do on the list" and a whole lot safer a 'takedown' (around the wires) in the future. No more worries about this one coming down "unexpectedly". ;)

Attachments

• IM003172.JPG
    IM003172.JPG
    22.8 KB · Views: 661
  • IM003175.JPG
    IM003175.JPG
    26.4 KB · Views: 642
Thanks Keyman I had the easy part controling the ropes. Amazing the amount of branches on that tree.

Really instead of attending the party I should stay home and clean up the job

Gald you attended the party!!!

Hard to tell from the pics, what kind of wood is that?

I'll have to take pics of the Oak coming down this week. The tree guy stopped by on Friday to size things up. 2 branches come off with the bucket truck so it doesn't hit the fence, then he's taking the whole thing down in one shot. He's a better man then me... plus he's gotta have one big honkin saw do do that thing!

I can't wait!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.