1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Nother Road Trip

Post in 'The Inglenook' started by DAKSY, Jun 25, 2013.

1. DAKSY

DAKSY Patriot Guard Staff Member

Loc:
    Averill Park, NY, on Burden Lake II...
    Left Troy, NY at about 0800 with 10 other bikes on Sunday & rode 333 miles to Augusta, Me. for the nite. Hit the trail again at 0800 on Monday & got 343 miles to Sussex, New Brunswick, Ca. 320 miles today & we're in Baddeck, Nova Scotia, Ca. for tonite & tomorrow nite. We'll hit the Cabot Trail tomorrow & the head up to Swedishchef's territory on the Gaspe Peninsula on Thursday...Gonna bomb around this area for a couple more days & head back to NY on Monday...
    Later...
    ScotO, Backwoods Savage and zap like this.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. fishingpol

fishingpol Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Merrimack Valley, MA
    Sounds like a great trip. My neighbor has camped up in the Gaspe area with his VW camper and told us of great scenery. It is someplace I would like to visit.
  3. Defiant

Defiant Vermont Castings Geek

Loc:
    Old Lyme CT
    You are missing the heat wave! Have a great trip and remember pic's or it did not happen.....
    ScotO and DAKSY like this.
  4. firefighterjake

firefighterjake Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Unity/Bangor, Maine
    Cabot Trail is stunning . . . would definitely like to get up to the Gaspe Peninsula some day.

If you meander through Bangor on your way back (Augusta is about 30-40 minutes from me) let me know . . . if it's during the work day and I'm around I'll give you the nickel tour and even give you a nice souvenir to go home with.
    ScotO and DAKSY like this.
  5. begreen

begreen Mooderator Staff Member

Loc:
    South Puget Sound, WA
    Sounds like an awesome ride. Enjoy the scenery and ride safely.
  6. DAKSY

DAKSY Patriot Guard Staff Member

Loc:
    Averill Park, NY, on Burden Lake II...
    Back. 323 miles today, 2929 total miles in 9 days. Very little sunshine. Some rain. Some sleet. Lotta fog. Gotta say, that what views we could see from the Cabot Trail & the Gaspe Coastal Highway were gorgeous. After 3 days in the Province de Quebec, my 9 years of studying the French Language started to come back to me, after a 43-year respite.... I was able to translate the road signs & menus & sorta communicate with store & hotel clerks & waiters & waitresses. Glad to be home tho. Felt like the bike weighed about 1500 lbs with Susan the bags & me aboard...FFJ - we came back thru Vermont instead of Bangor, so I'll hafta take a raincheck on your nickel tour...Right now, I'm beat. Done for the day... Nite...
    ScotO likes this.