1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Nother Road Trip

Post in 'The Inglenook' started by DAKSY, Jun 25, 2013.

1. DAKSY

DAKSY Patriot Guard Rider Staff Member

Loc:
    Averill Park, NY, on Burden Lake II...
    Left Troy, NY at about 0800 with 10 other bikes on Sunday & rode 333 miles to Augusta, Me. for the nite. Hit the trail again at 0800 on Monday & got 343 miles to Sussex, New Brunswick, Ca. 320 miles today & we're in Baddeck, Nova Scotia, Ca. for tonite & tomorrow nite. We'll hit the Cabot Trail tomorrow & the head up to Swedishchef's territory on the Gaspe Peninsula on Thursday...Gonna bomb around this area for a couple more days & head back to NY on Monday...
    Later...
    ScotO, Backwoods Savage and zap like this.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. fishingpol

fishingpol Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Merrimack Valley, MA
    Sounds like a great trip. My neighbor has camped up in the Gaspe area with his VW camper and told us of great scenery. It is someplace I would like to visit.
  3. Defiant

Defiant Vermont Castings Geek

Loc:
    Old Lyme CT
    You are missing the heat wave! Have a great trip and remember pic's or it did not happen.....
    ScotO and DAKSY like this.
  4. firefighterjake

firefighterjake Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Unity/Bangor, Maine
    Cabot Trail is stunning . . . would definitely like to get up to the Gaspe Peninsula some day.

If you meander through Bangor on your way back (Augusta is about 30-40 minutes from me) let me know . . . if it's during the work day and I'm around I'll give you the nickel tour and even give you a nice souvenir to go home with.
    ScotO and DAKSY like this.
  5. begreen

begreen Mooderator Staff Member

Loc:
    South Puget Sound, WA
    Sounds like an awesome ride. Enjoy the scenery and ride safely.
  6. DAKSY

DAKSY Patriot Guard Rider Staff Member

Loc:
    Averill Park, NY, on Burden Lake II...
    Back. 323 miles today, 2929 total miles in 9 days. Very little sunshine. Some rain. Some sleet. Lotta fog. Gotta say, that what views we could see from the Cabot Trail & the Gaspe Coastal Highway were gorgeous. After 3 days in the Province de Quebec, my 9 years of studying the French Language started to come back to me, after a 43-year respite.... I was able to translate the road signs & menus & sorta communicate with store & hotel clerks & waiters & waitresses. Glad to be home tho. Felt like the bike weighed about 1500 lbs with Susan the bags & me aboard...FFJ - we came back thru Vermont instead of Bangor, so I'll hafta take a raincheck on your nickel tour...Right now, I'm beat. Done for the day... Nite...
    ScotO likes this.