Nothing better than free would,,,,than?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wingsfan

Feeling the Heat
Dec 1, 2008
Jackson,Mi.
friend of a friend had land logged, property owner says take all you want after logging is done. He limbs the leftovers and burns the brush and sets the good stuff to the side for us to help our selves. It's a harvested corn field, drive to within 10 feet of his piles and cut and load. All oak,mulberry, cherry and they just took down a huge hickory , I'm sure we'll get the remnants of.

Attachments

• IMG_1195.JPG
    IMG_1195.JPG
    190.9 KB · Views: 331
  • IMG_1184.JPG
    IMG_1184.JPG
    248.2 KB · Views: 327
friend of a friend had land logged, property owner says take all you want after logging is done. He limbs the leftovers and burns the brush and sets the good stuff to the side for us to help our selves. It's a harvested corn field, drive to within 10 feet of his piles and cut and load. All oak,mulberry, cherry and they just took down a huge hickory , I'm sure we'll get the remnants of.
Beautiful!!!

Awesome. I love being able to back the truck right up to the piles.

Reactions: Lone_Gun
Saweet....is that a little locust mixed in there too?

Actually, I'm not sure, any help with that one would be appreciated, but like the wife says no matter what it is , it's all btu's

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great grab!

Wow! What a score!
is that a little locust mixed in there too
If your referring to the yellow looking ends, think those are the mulberry. Wood looks similar to BL, but mulberry has much tighter bark. yellow woods turns purple as it dries, very cool.

Yeah the bark pattern fooled me at a glance.

Looks like some Osage in there. Still the mulberry family. It all looks good.

It doesn't get better than that.

bob

Status
Not open for further replies.