1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Nothing But The PE & It's Fan Heating The House...

Post in 'The Hearth Room - Wood Stoves and Fireplaces' started by Doing The Dixie Eyed Hustle, Mar 29, 2013.

1. Doing The Dixie Eyed Hustle

Doing The Dixie Eyed Hustle Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Ridge, LI, NY
    Love it. Just love it.

Fire up the PE at night, 6-7ish, reload with some uglies, then splits, and I'm good to go.

No juggling ceiling fans based on outside temps, no having a weeks worth of firewood in the house for 2 stoves, and juggling 2 stoves.. :mad:

I'm ready to call it a season ;)
    Beer Belly and raybonz like this.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Todd 2

Todd 2 Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    NE Ohio
    Amen, same here fire at night only for the past couple days, Im ready to save the wood left for next winters burn.
    Beer Belly likes this.
  3. thewoodlands

thewoodlands Minister of Fire

Get ready for a quick colder blast coming in, then call it a year.
    Beer Belly likes this.
  4. Doing The Dixie Eyed Hustle

Doing The Dixie Eyed Hustle Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Ridge, LI, NY

I still have my emergency stash of 2 YO oak, cherry, and maple on the deck outside the back door.... 1/3 of a cord +.

I'm good, TY, Zap :)
    zap likes this.
  5. PapaDave

PapaDave Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Northern MI - in the mitten
    I'm ready to call it a season too. The problem is, the season doesn't think it's time.>>
    I am using quite a bit less wood right now, but we aren't done.
    Beer Belly and zap like this.
  6. thewoodlands

Monday night the temps will drop to 14 here, on Tuesday night 11.
  7. lopiliberty

lopiliberty Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Mineral County, WV
    Couldn't have said it any better. Back to starting a fire every evening. I usually start a fire around 4 or 5 fill the stove full and let it go until out, repeat the next evening... Gotta love the shoulder season
    Beer Belly likes this.
  8. BrotherBart

BrotherBart Hearth.com LLC Mid-Atlantic Division Staff Member

Loc:
    Northern Virginia
    I was out all day and just turned on the electric heaters when I got home. Got the new roof quote today and decided if I can afford that !!! I can afford a nights worth of electricity. The cat is pissed that there isn't a fire to park in front of for the night.
  9. Woody Stover

Woody Stover Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Southern IN
    I last loaded 24 hrs. ago. That would be 24/7 burning for a BK, but not for me. ==c Started a half-load of Red Maple a few minutes ago...going down to 35 tonight. Looks like no fire then until Sunday night...then back to lows in the 20s next week. o_O
  10. Beer Belly

Beer Belly Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Connecticut
    Yup, heard that last night......I'm bringing in one more load of Ash, then I'm done. Cut and split some Ash today.....gathering up a truck load for my buddy as payment for helping cut up some logs last fall....gotta cut a few logs of Maple to C/S/S that I hope I can add to next years stacks, or I'll have to use 2 year Oak.....I'd rather give the Oak 3 years....
    zap likes this.
  11. BrotherBart

BrotherBart Hearth.com LLC Mid-Atlantic Division Staff Member

Loc:
    Northern Virginia
    We are forecast for twenties and thirties at night next week. The last two years we hit 90 degrees in the first week of April.
  12. thewoodlands

It looks like the second week of April we turn the corner on temps, let the stacking begin! The wild leeks should be popping up underneath the snow by the end of the week, it's time I made my list, people I promised leeks over the winter.
  13. loon

loon Minister of Fire

Loc:
    ont canada
    Minus 5c here lastnight but found the Tulips in the front garden blooming ;)
    Todd 2 and zap like this.
  14. SKIN052

SKIN052 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Appleton, Newfoundland
    Thought we were close to done, all the snow was gone and above freezing every day for about 2 weeks. All of a sudden, the sky started dumping as much snow as we have seen all year and I cant even get at my wood pile without clearing a path through 4' of drifted snow. I have a couple days worth of birch and juniper in the house that I am supplementing with smart logs. Wife works at the hardware store and they were on clearance for $2 a box. I toss a whole box in at night and close the air down super low. Surprised at how long they last. I would never by them at $9 - $10 a box but at $2, why not.