November Already

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris04626

Minister of Fire
Can you believe its November already. Haven't really needed the ole Pellet stove here in Maine yet. But November is here it's time to get making those wreaths and packing them for shipment. So im expecting the cold to hit soon and we will have our Pellet stove fired up soon.

What do you think? Another mild Winter? Or are we in for it this year.

I'm pretty sure we're screwed -- I'm not expecting 2 mild winters in a row.

Then again, we've had 3 "storms of the century" in 14 months, so it may just be that I'm not very good at spotting trends.

I'm pretty sure we're screwed -- I'm not expecting 2 mild winters in a row.

Then again, we've had 3 "storms of the century" in 14 months, so it may just be that I'm not very good at spotting trends.
Depends on who you ask as to how "severe" the weather will be.

They are calling for snow on tuesday already!

almanac says its going to be a bad one.

I beleive it. leaves fell early this year by about 3 weeks compared to last year. The squirrels are all super fat too. all the geese are long gone.....

winter is a coming!

Saw a picture of a hornets nest 25 feet up a tree if that tells you anything.

Geese long gone? They've been all over the place around here. I've seen a few hundred this week without even looking for them. I've seen a hornets nest up 25' and one on the ground. It looks like a slight cold snap here next week, but after that the temps could shoot back up. Lets be honest, no one will know what this winter will be like until April. Plan for the worst and hope for the best.

Reactions: The Ds
We're screwed! I'm already on my 7th bag.

7th bag lol. My first 2 years of having my stove i had it going by the middle of September. So far this year i have burned about 2 bags during a cold snap we had here.

Status
Not open for further replies.