Now comes that good feeling!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

yooperdave

Minister of Fire
Oct 26, 2010
Michigan's U.P.
Woo Hoo! 2 months to css 20 full cord from log length! Finished up on Tue evening by shoveling up all the sawdust to be hauled away, 99 is happy to have her yard back! I've never been done this early before, must be due to the splitter I bought last Nov? Or just all the motivation pictures from Hearth.com!
Now, if I can just keep from scrounging the rest of summer...(fat chance!)

Reactions: quads
Nice work.....if nothing else you can walk by it and look out the window at it.....just plain admire all that hard work.

Reactions: ScotO
Good for you, Im so close myself, hopefully this long weekend will give me enough time to split and cut the last bit I have and if my hip holds out Ill get it stacked and call it a day.

Now Dave, you know the rules. Anybody can say they just got done putting up twenty cords. ;) We need more motivational pics! ==c
I've given up on the idea of being done any time soon...I'll be gettin' wood all Summer. Not as frantically as last year, though...

Reactions: ScotO and DexterDay
Yeah, heheh, good luck with trying to say " no thanks" if a good nearby free score comes along even now with your 20 cords. Bet ya can't! LOL. Nice job on the 20... (pics so we can drool over your stash?)

How much do you burn in a year ?

Woody/Gark- I got a digital camera for Christmas. I have about 6 pics on it since then...and I still don't know how to upload/download pics to the computer for this website.

Woodmaster- 10 cords were mine, 10 cords are my brothers. His back decided to give up on him over the winter, so....As far as how much wood is burnt during the winter, it varies. (of course) Last year was a blessing as was every where across the nation. From Oct up until now, I'm guessing about 7 full cord @ $45 a cord = $315 for 8 months of heat and hot water. Today is the last for the burning.

Woody/Gark- I got a digital camera for Christmas. I have about 6 pics on it since then...and I still don't know how to upload/download pics to the computer for this website.

You learned to drive a car, post on this site..... "Can't "dont work here :)
"figure out how to post pictures".
If I could, you can. I only screwed it up 11 time before I figured it out.

Get the pic on your desk top of your computer. give_up (2).gif
select "upload a file" bottom right of your reply box, the site is looking for files to upload, select desktop as the place to look for the pics.
Select the pic you want to use, & click "open"
Let it upload, then selects "thumbnail" or "full image".

BE the frog LOL :)

YD, camera might have come with a usb cable to connect the camera to your pc/laptop/mac. Once you make that connection, and turn on the camera, a window should pop up to ask what you'd like to do with the device that just connected (your camera). Alternately, if your pc/laptop/mac has a card reader, you can put the card in the reader, and the same thing should happen.
If this doesn't happen, we can help you access the pics other ways.

Congratulations! Must've seen some bugs.
With me, it's fun for a while, then turns into something of a chore.
Maybe I'll spread it out a little more this time.
(I'm getting a tri-axle load tomorrow. )
Bugs were bad here earlier in spring, but really not so bad now.
No rush for me though.

Congrats! I finished back in the end of March. It is a nice feeling, but I am feeling some withdrawal symptoms.

Pics or it didn't happen. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.