Now I'm confused on what kind of Fisher I have?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sapratt

Feeling the Heat
May 14, 2008
Northwestern, Oh
My dad said the stove I have is a Fisher papa bear the largest fisher stove you could get. I was reading through some of the older topics and there was someone that asked what kind of Fisher they had. It was mentioned that mama and papa bears were single door, grandma and grandpas were double door Then someone said the measurements for a grandma bear was 25.5in wide 28in deep and the grandpa was 29.5 in wide and 29.75in deep.

The stove I have is double door 2 vents one on each door. The measurements are 28in wide, 23in deep , 30.5in high. Not that it's that big of a deal what kind of stove I have I just don't want to be think and saying I have a certain stove and confusing myself and others by what I say.

Maybe it was just the biggest stove they had at the store that day.

Sounds like it might be a Nephew Bear, or possibly a Stepson Bear. Rick

You will probably never know. Fisher licensed the name and design to so many welding shops all over the country that it could be a "One Of A Kind Bear".

That surprised me too (the grandpa and grandma bears) - I had never heard of either. I always thought it was Baby - small single door, Mama - medium single door, and Papa - large double door. But there are much more knowledgeable and experienced people on this site than me in my little corner of the world.

You're close enough to WV...it could be cousin bear

sullystull said:
You're close enough to WV...it could be cousin bear

Cousin, sister...what's the difference? Rick

I think it worked this way....

there were three sizes of single door, baby, mama and papa - the papa was like 30 inch logs.
There may have been only two sizes of double door - Grandma (shorter) and Grandpa (longer)...

Note that later there were some other models.....like a Honey Bear insert, etc.

It is not an insert its free standing. I guess I'm more curious than anything else. All I know is its some kind of bear and when I wake it up it will heat my house.

Status
Not open for further replies.