Now That's a Friend!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ArsenalDon

Minister of Fire
Dec 16, 2012
Meadow Valley, CA
A very good friend owns a landscape and tree service business.....he is 4.5 hours away down in the SF Bay Area. He has been collecting, splitting and stacking firewood but the Liberal Nutjobs in the Bay Area will not allow burning of wood most days of the year so he cannot get rid of it and it costs him a good chunk of change to dump it, so he loads up and heads up here with 2.5 cords of Eucalyptus,Oak, Maple and other assorted hardwoods. Says he has another 20-30 cords all split, seasoned and ready to burn.
I have been burning only Pine, fir and cedar. I had no idea how heavy and dense these hardwoods were and how long and hot they burn over what I was burning before.
Now that's a friend!

A very good friend owns a landscape and tree service business.....he is 4.5 hours away down in the SF Bay Area. He has been collecting, splitting and stacking firewood but the Liberal Nutjobs in the Bay Area will not allow burning of wood most days of the year so he cannot get rid of it and it costs him a good chunk of change to dump it, so he loads up and heads up here with 2.5 cords of Eucalyptus,Oak, Maple and other assorted hardwoods. Says he has another 20-30 cords all split, seasoned and ready to burn.
I have been burning only Pine, fir and cedar. I had no idea how heavy and dense these hardwoods were and how long and hot they burn over what I was burning before.
Now that's a friend!

I always fear that more and more regulations are going to come in to stop burners; wouldn't be far fetched in my area.

Glad it worked to your benefit.

I'd expect that along the coast and also on the east side of the mountains, like the Denver area.

I always fear that more and more regulations are going to come in to stop burners; wouldn't be far fetched in my area.

Glad it worked to your benefit.
Where I live, you cannot have wood burning outdoor furnace, but I'll be darned if they think they're gonna stop me from firing up my stove::-)

Reactions: BillLion
Why if burning a wood stove were illegal the woods and forests would take over the world!

Why if burning a wood stove were illegal the woods and forests would take over the world!
Amen Brother...There is more board Sq Ft in the USA now than European settlers first arrived....What happened 300 years ago when lightning struck? Now we put it right out, we are not allowed to clear underbrush, we eliminate cutting of unhealthy trees and burnt trees in areas that have been burnt....basically we over-manage and over-think how nature should be and we are ruining the forests.

Where I live, you cannot have wood burning outdoor furnace, but I'll be darned if they think they're gonna stop me from firing up my stove::-)

Someone looking at my chimney top couldn't tell if I was burning or not unless you look really close!!

Now that's a friend!

I wish I had a landscaper friend in the bay area. I'd help him with unloading the excess, so nothing goes to waste. Yeah, with all the no burn days it's a bummer.

Reactions: Backwoods Savage
Status
Not open for further replies.