Now thats gasification!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

infinitymike

Minister of Fire
Aug 23, 2011
Long Island, NY
All though there is a different thread that kinda has this mentioned in it, I figured I get a new thread running specific to this.

2010* of gasification OH YEAH!

image.jpg

Let me give credit where credit is due. Since seeing this in a thread a while back (which I cant seem to find) I've wanted to do the same thing so here it is.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Reactions: flyingcow
If the fan fails, we all know it's from the tapped door. In fact, it's a well proven fact that any new hole in a piece of equipment, no matter how small causes inter atomic shifting and superstring theory tells us that can and will affect every component in said system and beyond.

Having said that, is your boiler on concrete? You need to lift it off immediately.

Last edited:
It may have been my thread from about a year and a half ago. Pretty cool to see those kind of temps.....The problem I have, at those temps, it is going to burn the end off your thermocouple.

http://www.omega.com/pptst/OS1561_1571.html

But the problem is that one still has to drill a hole!

More seriously, given the ash laden pictures of the op's door, I can't see how that would work. Perhaps after a while of establishing direct temperatures baseline, shield the probe from direct blast from the gases and add back the spread.

Reactions: flyingcow
Why? It has "legs".

No, there should be no contact with solids at all because the atomic disruption of said drilled hole. An air gap is preferable but liquid suspension is acceptable.

(way too much time on my hands! anybody need me to chop wood?)

AHS is on this board. I highly doubt they would leave Mike high and dry. Sure. Maybe there goes the warranty on the rear door. Boiler developing a leak? Doubtful.

ac

I don't speak for henfruit, nobody speaks for henfruit but henfruit himself. But i'm pretty sure he was being sarcastic. I on the other hand was not and pretty sure about atomic disruptions and superstring bikini theory.

If the fan fails, we all know it's from the tapped door. In fact, it's a well proven fact that any new hole in a piece of equipment, no matter how small causes inter atomic shifting and superstring theory tells us that can and will affect every component in said system and beyond.

Having said that, is your boiler on concrete? You need to lift it off immediately.

What is this all about, I've never heard of this. Could you elaborate. Disregard if its just sarcasm.

I the op saying 2000 degrees at the thermocouple?

I on the other hand was not and pretty sure about atomic disruptions and superstring bikini theory.

I want to know more about this theory. Illustrations may be required.

this has turned into my favorite threads in a while! :) :)

On another note, what about putting a thermocouple in the actual secondary combustion zone? Is there something that would shield the wire enough to allow you to get the sensor that far into the boiler?

It may have been my thread from about a year and a half ago. Pretty cool to see those kind of temps.....The problem I have, at those temps, it is going to burn the end off your thermocouple.

Yes Rick, You are where I got my idea from, thank you.
I couldn't find your thread and it definitely got better replies than all the crack pot sarcasm this one has gotten.

But thats ok. I don't mind the haters.
They are just jealous.
Everyone wants to have a Wood Gun few are chosen!

No, there should be no contact with solids at all because the atomic disruption of said drilled hole. An air gap is preferable but liquid suspension is acceptable.

(way too much time on my hands! anybody need me to chop wood?)

Sure c'mon down.
I have a couple cord all bucked and ready to go.

And while you're down we can chat more deeply on the nuclear atomic precepts and great scientific disorders of the molecular disruption of distortion when heat is applied to wood and then radiated to metal with precision penetrations thus causing the advanced logarithm of cellular vibration and complete failure of said structure!

What I'm impressed with is It''s sometimes two thousand degrees at the back of the door, but at the top of the cyclone its only about 360 degrees..........pretty good heat exchange

What I'm impressed with is It''s sometimes two thousand degrees at the back of the door, but at the top of the cyclone its only about 360 degrees..........pretty good heat exchange

Amazing isn't it??!!

I have seen most of the time it is floating around 1700- 1800.

Also I noticed it drop down to around 1500 when it's just about to reach operating limit and shut down.

Status
Not open for further replies.