NPI140 - HELP! Is anybody out there!!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sawdust66

Feb 8, 2009
Central RI
I am new to the site. Looking for some help. I am a first year pellet insert owner and have been having all of the usual problems as everyone else still experimenting.
however this one I can't figure out by tinkering. My stove is turning off by itself exactly every 15 minutes. I pulled it out and completely cleaned as best I could. I did not mess around with any wiring. I reinstalled into fireplace and started up and have been adjusting the air and feed flow for the last 4 hours and every 15 minutes i have to restart. any suggestions?

sawdust66 said:
I am new to the site. Looking for some help. I am a first year pellet insert owner and have been having all of the usual problems as everyone else still experimenting.
however this one I can't figure out by tinkering. My stove is turning off by itself exactly every 15 minutes. I pulled it out and completely cleaned as best I could. I did not mess around with any wiring. I reinstalled into fireplace and started up and have been adjusting the air and feed flow for the last 4 hours and every 15 minutes i have to restart. any suggestions?

Check the high limit sensor. It is a manual reset.

Might also have gone bad. Test it with a jumper. See if it will run. Don't put back into service until you get a new switch!

Same with the vacuum switch.

Also

try bypassing the sensor located on the exhaust
blower

Unplug the stove, open the left side panel and jump the two brown leads that are
attached to the 140°F (60°C) temperature sensor. If the stove operates replace the
140°F (60°C) sensor

jay

Thank you both for replying. My best guess was electrical problem. I will try your suggestions. jtakeman - you mention not using until I replace the sensor. is there a risk in using the stove before I replace the sensor.

Status
Not open for further replies.